Regular Contributor

I need to purchase new sheets but am very picky about having a luxuriously soft feel. Any recommendations? 

Respected Contributor

@pjoy 

When shopping for bed linens, don't be fooled by the feel of the sheets.....a few washings and there goes that soft feel.  A lot of sheets are coated to feel soft :  you get what you pay for here.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

After trying SO many different brands in all price points, there are two that I have finally come to rely on: Target's Room Essentials Jersey sheets (remain soft wash after wash), and MyPillow's Giza sheets (softest sheets ever, and they have a 10 year warranty). My single cardinal rule for sheets is that they MUST be ultra soft.

Respected Contributor

Vera Wang Sheets from Kohls.  I think the Thread Count is 600 and they are all cotton.  Have three sets and I really like them.

Contributor

@pjoy wrote:

I need to purchase new sheets but am very picky about having a luxuriously soft feel. Any recommendations? 

@pjoy 

Probably not what you had in mind but my family and I love our

Malden Mills Polarfleece sheets.

We have several sets and they launder wonderfully and are oh so

soft and comfy.

Hope you find what you love.

Valued Contributor

@LoganPup wrote:

@pjoy wrote:

@pjoy 

Probably not what you had in mind but my family and I love our

Malden Mills Polarfleece sheets.

We have several sets and they launder wonderfully and are oh so

soft and comfy.

Hope you find what you love.

I totally agree with you.  I LOVE THESE SHEETS and I have a stash of new ones just incase they disappear.

Bought them for gifts as well.  Buttery soft

Honored Contributor

Re: Your best sheets ever?

[ Edited ]

You didn't say what your price range was, but the only sheets I use are Cuddledown's 100% cotton sateen 400 thread count.  They are the best sheets I've ever used.  I've used them for about ten years and still have and use the first set I ever bought.

They are expensive but worth it for the quality IMO.  I don't like a higher thread count than 400.  Unless you're paying $1,000 for them they're too stiff.  Thread count doesn't always equate to quality.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

If you enjoy plush/velvety feel--you must try Berkshire Velvet Soft sheets.  I never want to get out of bed when I use these.  So soft and cozy.

Valued Contributor

I have used high thread count (usually 1000) egyptian sheets for years and years. I tried Scott Brothers tencel for a change and they are like seriously soft. But now I have found high quality percale sheets and I am totally in love. It took a few washings but they remind me of when I was growing up. They do wrinkle though.

Beckyblu

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Junker2327 , where did you find the cotton percale?