Honored Contributor

There used to be one near me. Reminded me of Pier One, except that Pier One doesn't have food items. And, as for the food items at World Market, I figured they must be very old, since no one goes there for food. Interesting place, but I don't miss it.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking of driving 1.5 hours to visit World Market this coming weekend. I am interested in purchasing the elephant salad plates that I just love. They would be a nice addition to our collection at the lake where we spend a lot of time in the summer months. Right now I have cheap plastic dishes and paper plates. An upgrade is needed and I want something that's not matchy-matchy and fun.

Last year I purchased outdoor furniture from them with free delivery. I got a wonderful price and great furniture.

I have never been in a WM store, but I have shopped from them on line. If you go, have fun.

Respected Contributor

I do not have one near me, but when I am traveling I would stop in. I always find something to buy.

Side note -- I have been soured recently. I purchased something on a recent trip and when I got home 4 hours later and found the item defective. When I called customer service to find a solution they treated me like I was trying to commit million dollar fraud. I was shocked and disappointed. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Frequent Contributor
We have Cost Plus World Markets in our area. Lately, World Market has been added in some BBB stores. They mostly have food items in the BBB stores. They are just OK. It is interesting to see the different food items, but those are also in the bigger grocery stores. I have never bought much in this store, maybe some placemats a long time ago. I like Pier One much better.
Honored Contributor

It's fun to browse and occasionally pick something up. They do have a lot of interesting things and food stuffs. All things considered, I don't often buy there. I find the prices a bit high and the price to quality ratio for most furniture and decorative items is generally sort of lacking, but every once in a while I find something I don't choose to resist...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

A fun import place to shop for home decor and accessories, hostess and party goods, gifts, and even some food items. Some very nice and unusual things and good prices. I like WM better than Pier One and some other import stores. If you haven't tried it, definitely give it a go!

Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 Carmie said:

I was thinking of driving 1.5 hours to visit World Market this coming weekend.

Please don't do that, it's not worth it. You'll regret wasting the gas.

Honored Contributor

All the World Market stores moved out of our state years ago! I never even knew they were still in existence. I always thought it was consisted of all very cheaply made of trinkets and things made overseas.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2015 ibb38 said:

I went to a World Market when I visited family in VA - definitely a fun place to shop. Very unique items! I hope they come to NJ soon - there's a storefront north of my area, but it always seems to be closed when I'm in that area. I'm not sure it's even open yet!

There is one in Livingston, there are plenty of storefronts available in North Jersey I would like to see them open here

Trusted Contributor

Well, I enjoyed my trip to World Market yesterday! I enjoyed looking at the selection of international foods and wines. They had a lot of things I found in shops in the UK.

I was interested in a light and scored it! I have some old pulleys and plan to hang it from the ceiling. I have an interesting Edison bulb so it should look good! I also found some small tile hooks to hang in the kitchen. It was fun looking at all of the imported goods. I think it was worth the trip. I also found some other stores along the way so it was not the only place I visited. Thanks for the input!