Honored Contributor

A minimal, Scandi-style home office with a white desk and chairs

What do you think of this home office?

Esteemed Contributor

Nice. It's bright and cheery. Where's the computer? Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Kind of odd ceiling & light but I'm good with the rest of this room especially what I think are poppies in the vases.

One day this past week it was like 74 out, a GREAT day for walking. Wally my poodle & I of course were out and about like so many others in the 'hood - families even out walking their dogs (and kids!!!). On our way home we passed a guy sitting on his front porch, we greeted each other. He said he was 'working at home'. I told him I was betting he usually doesn't wear shorts at his work, just hanging enjoying the warm weather, he chimed in and said 'smoking a cigarette'. Well, I didn't go along with that but I didn't say that. We wished each other be well stay safe.

His 'office' did not look like this one for sure!

Super Contributor

I love it.  The style would fit right into my home.  Like previous poster, I’m not crazy for the ceiling g and light fixture, but that’s an easy fix.  And the computer?  Well, it would have interfered with the composition of the photo to include it.  Lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

The pictured wall is just the way I designed the eat-in area of the kitchen in my previous  house. Not white/ ivory, but love it!

Honored Contributor

I love it! Nice, bright and cheery. Might need a different chair though!

Trusted Contributor

The chairs are bar height and you would not be able to sit under the table.

It is bright but don't like the ceiling light or wallpaper.  The more I look the less I like this arrangement.

Respected Contributor

It's bright and cheery, but not really practical for all day, every day work. It looks more like a place where someone would sit and play at working rather than actually working. 

At a minimum, I'd need an ergonomically correct work chair. Perhaps a nice Herman Miller Aeron chair. I'd also need a keyboard tray to drop down from under the table top/desk. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Nice bright space, and I kind of like the papered ceiling (I usually don't.)  The light fixture is a little weird, but at least it's not boring.  Love the poppies. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's really nice, however for me a table with thinner legs would work.  I'd probably hit those with toes or knees.  Not the tables fault mind you. Woman Wink