Honored Contributor

Very pretty.  And plenty of light, which is my top priority.

My own desk as I sit typing right now is set up so my back is to the sliding doors so plenty of light is available.

Lately, I'm also looking at desks under which you can put one of those Cubii machines.  My own desk has a drawer that makes it so my knees would hit it all the time.  I think this desk in the picture might work.

I do think the desk is less for two people than it is for one person working and another to visit.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

But, where are the giant piles of paper that every office is required to have?  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

If only my office was that tidy!

Respected Contributor

Re: Working from Home

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

A minimal, Scandi-style home office with a white desk and chairs

What do you think of this home office?

It looks like it favors form over function. I cannot imagine sitting in that chair at that table for 8 hours. That looks like a better set up for hobbies, reading, or an occasional work from home day over a 40 hour work week.

Honored Contributor

As always, I'd make some changes, but it's pleasant enough. One of the first changes I'd make, though, is to bring in a chair that might still be attractive but that would also be practical for a work space. These don't look like they'd be comfortable over the long haul. If I were starting from scracth, I'd also select a different table and cabinets, but these would do the job. The light fixture, while a bit odd, has a certain appeal and I actually like the paper on the ceiling.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Love that light fixture. The whole room is so inviting. Warm. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

How about you Lola,is your school closed up??

Honored Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

How about you Lola,is your school closed up??

@spud188 

We are on our second week of closures.  Schools are closed through Friday.  After that, who knows?  There has been very little communication.  We are not supposed to be doing anything right now, and we cannot require that students do any work, and any work that we do give students cannot be graded.  

Honored Contributor

I think the chairs need to have chunky legs to go with the chunky leg desk.  Right now it looks off balance to me.  I hate the ceiling.  What is that anyway?  And, take those vases with poppies and throw out!  I find this office to be a strange design.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

It is beautiful, and I especially love the windows and the "openness," but it is not practical, as @DREAMON stated:  

@DREAMON wrote:

I like it but in reality I need a computer, chair on rollers (Because I get up and down a million times a day), and a phone...so this isn't practical for me at all.

Pretty but for the person that does very little work at their desk Woman LOL