Honored Contributor

Why does the nice weather...

....give me (and probably others) a real good mental boost?

Yesterday was beautiful in my area.  After morning coffee and the news watching, I hit the floor running...I got a lot done!!

Today is the same thing, I have a number of things on my list to get accomplished and I know they will get done

When it's winter, ugh I feel like a lump most days when I don't have to go to work.  

So thankful spring is here!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why does the nice weather...

@Mom2Dogs 

You are not alone.  On pretty days, I seem to have endless energy.

Gloomy ones get me out of sorts. 

I do enjoy winter, but my body and soul are ready for Spring!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally understand, Same way with me, but with the opposite weather.

I get a huge boost of energy when it is cold. It's like a red bull energy shot from Mother nature. But I'm a total couch potato in the summer and get really depressed. Heat makes me miserable.

I sometimes joke that my taste bud preference comes from my Mexican DNA.  I need lots of flavor and can eat jalapeños whole.  But my weather preference comes from my Russian/Czech DNA. 

It's like being part fire, part ice.Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@czecheredpast 

Oh, I understand.

Come summer, when it is hot and humid (I'm in Maryland), I feel like a wet dishrag.  I'm not a hot weather person, really.

When it is cold, wet and gray outside I feel anxious.  But, I do enjoy the cold temps as long as they are not below freezing Cat LOL

My favorite seasons are the transitional ones.  A feeling of renewal in Spring and then, in the Autumn...preparing for the winter.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm the opposite. I love cold, rainy days. I get sick of day after day, month after month of sunshine. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@czecheredpast @Meowingkitty 

I feel the same way--- the cold weather energizes me❄️  while the hot humid Texas summers make me melt and zaps all my energy.....🔥🌞🌡

I love rainy days too......🌧️

Spring isnt too bad when it stays in the 70's and the humidity stays away.....love the wild flowers.....🌷🌼

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Me too!  I love warm sunny (not too hot & humid) days!  I hate winter when it's always cold, dreary & gray.  

In spring I love seeing the burst of color with foliage, flowers and the sunshine gives me a boost of natural vitamin D!

Honored Contributor

DH and I were out in the yard...raking leaves AGAIN, cause the neighbor does not rake...grrr...

we commented glad it's not 80 degrees outside. I like to work in the yard but not in high heat, like I used to be able to do.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   It was beautiful where I live for the first day of Spring.  However, you must be younger because I can have it my mind what I want to do but it rarely gets accomplished.  LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

I had the same conversation this morning with spouse!

The days have been rainy, dreary & chilly...told him I have no desire to be productive & no energy...

on sunny days I'm raring to go...full motivation mode🙂