Esteemed Contributor

Re: White or Blank Art?

[ Edited ]

Hi @wilma I think the issue here is the source from where you retrieved the picture of the room.  In the actual room, which I found doing a reverse image search on google, there is a large abstract painting on the wall.  The publisher that provided the picture you used, which I guess is for some kind of business, replaced the painting with those blank canvases probably because they did not have the right to republish the artwork in their web page.

I don't know if you watch reality shows, but many times they blur images (like wall artwork, street signage) they do not have the right to broadcast, or perhaps logos for businesses they do not want to promote without getting paid.  I notice this in many HGTV shows, and in the rare episodes of KUWTK that I have watched.

So the blank canvases were no one's choice of decor.  Just an issue about reproducing the artwork that is actually on the wall.  If you google your image, you can find a picture of the room that you posted with a large abstract painting on that wall.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  Thank you; that's very interesting!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thank you for the info. I don't watch reality shows, but your explanation makes sense. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma After I posted, I wondered whether you knew the picture as posted was altered, or perhaps you had done the alteration to get posters' take.  I was confused by the whole thing, which is why I googled the picture.  I love art, and the frames with blanks were unusual.

You can see similar aterations in the pictures @Andreatoo posts in her Outfit thread, where I have seen you looking great!  She typically blurs her office from her pictures.  That is, I think she is in her office when she takes her pictures.  And the things around her are blurred.  Maybe she can show me how to do that!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@wilma After I posted, I wondered whether you knew the picture as posted was altered, or perhaps you had done the alteration to get posters' take.  I was confused by the whole thing, which is why I googled the picture.  I love art, and the frames with blanks were unusual.

You can see similar aterations in the pictures @Andreatoo posts in her Outfit thread, where I have seen you looking great!  She typically blurs her office from her pictures.  That is, I think she is in her office when she takes her pictures.  And the things around her are blurred.  Maybe she can show me how to do that!

@NYCLatinaMe 

I never intentionally blur things from Internet pictures in my home threads. 

I do black out the personal photos behind me in my outfit of the day posts. Thank you for noticing my outfits and for the compliment. 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Yes it's my office and it took me a while to find the option on my new phone! I have a Samsung.Now when I go into editing a pic (tiny pencil) there are some icons on the bottom of my screen and I scroll to the face icon and then to one that's dotted out for lack of a better description. It's called BG Blur (background) On my previous phone it was a little more direct. Just play with the icons in edit mode. I'm sure it's there.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Andreatoo I'll have to try that sometime.