Honored Contributor

Re: White Slipcovers

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

I love white slip covers but I don't have them.  I wonder if jeans leave blue marks on them like they do on my light colored leather car seats.  

@faeriemoon , 

I would think so. My Brother and SIL had a Barbecue/Pool Party at their house a few years ago and apparently someone had self tanner on who sat on their cream colored sectional sofa.

They had it professionally cleaned but after about a week the stains resurfaced. They ended up donating it......would you believe they got another cream colored sectional..go figure.

Honored Contributor

I think they add a homey touch, but no white for me and too casual for my style.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love the white slipcovers and the overall look of the light colored rooms, but it just doesn't work with my lifestyle (grandkids and dogs that are heavy shedders).  

Trusted Contributor

They look like sheets to me.  Just not practical for my home.  

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I love white slip covers but I don't have them.  I wonder if jeans leave blue marks on them like they do on my light colored leather car seats.  

@faeriemoon , 

I would think so. My Brother and SIL had a Barbecue/Pool Party at their house a few years ago and apparently someone had self tanner on who sat on their cream colored sectional sofa.

They had it professionally cleaned but after about a week the stains resurfaced. They ended up donating it......would you believe they got another cream colored sectional..go figure.

@DREAMON That's a disaster!  Washable is one thing, but many stains don't wash out.  I don't think white slip covers would be all that easy to maintain even though they are "washable."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of these rooms, to me, are appealing in spite of the slipcovers and not because of them.

I make no bones about it, regardless of color, I don't care for slipcovers. Casual, maybe, but they always look ill-fitting. Not a fan but were I to have them, off-white in a rugged material like denim would be an option. I'm simply not obsessed with keeping them clean because most of them can be pretreated, bleached and washed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I do not care for white slipcovers and these rooms have little appeal for me in decor. Maybe it's too much white, I like some color and warmth. 

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

My family has used slipcovers since I was a child.  They were put on after Spring cleaning and stayed on until Fall cleaning and it gave a fresh, light look and a different perspective without changing any furniture.

I have had custom slipcovers made in white to cover my living room furniture during the warmer months and to change the look of the room, easily and quickly.  A pleasure with children, off in the washer, all clean......no fuss, no muss!  I would not purchase any furniture that was only slipcovered.

@Somertime 

This is the way we use them, just in June, July, and August, also roll up and put away the wool rugs.  Hello Summer!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

Pic 1 - is all about the views!  Only item I like in the space is the coffee table.

Pic 3 - my favorite of all!  The beautiful, soft wall colors blend very well & overall the colors & style are just so cheery & calming.  The coffee table adds a nice contrast to all the white, etc.  I also would prefer larger art pieces.  I could easily make this my home.

Pic 4 - The aqua/white room is also beautiful.  But, as much as I like the wall of windows, when it's very bright outside, it may be a little too much in the room while reading or watching TV, etc.

EDIT:  sorry forgot about the subject .. depends on a persons lifestyle.  They wouldn't work in our home with 3 pets, one of them being our black lab that sheds all over.  

All the other rooms, not interested.  Thank you for sharing.  

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

Love the white room with the blue pillows and another.  Just lovely!Smiley Happy