Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite place in your home?

i love that hour i spend in bed at night reading before sleep!  when i am making the bed in the morning, i  am thinking to myself that it will be so nice to be back in bed again tonight! 

Regular Contributor

my bed!

Honored Contributor

I'd say my living room, @qualitygal.  It's a long room (in this old house, they must have knocked two "parlors" together, I think) so it gets light from the south, east and west.  Has my favorite soft, hazy robins' egg wall color and cream trim, so is soothing, yet airy.

Has my 'treasures'---  the vintage black and white photos of long-dead family, my Dad's acanthus bookends he commisioned when we lived in Arizona, my mother's little bits of porcelain and her brass candlestick, my aunt's library table and three corner chair, cozy throws and pillows...

And the cats!  Terence, Sibyl, Toby and Baxter all congregate in here, taking up couch space, b/c that's where their humans are...

Honored Contributor

Holy cow, I was almost ashamed to say 'my bed' until I saw how many of you answered the same way. Once it warms to above 50, then I'll enjoy our sunroom, but for now I'm still hibernating!

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Holy cow, I was almost ashamed to say 'my bed' until I saw how many of you answered the same way. Once it warms to above 50, then I'll enjoy our sunroom, but for now I'm still hibernating!

@AuntG. I wasn’t about to say it either! In the cold winter, my answer is the bedroom. It is decorated the way I like it, there is a sofa table at the end of the bed with my tv on it. Nice and warm and cozy.

When the weather gets warm, I move to the living room. Open,airy, light colored and very sunny. Also use the back deck facing the woods and wildlife.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. Depends on the time of year. From November to April would be my reading cave. May to October would be our screened in patio. Guess I can’t show you pictures as it says the file is too large.
Honored Contributor

My bedroom and the room off my summer kitchen where I do Pilates and yoga.

Esteemed Contributor

MBR. I have a comfy recliner with mosaic table. Dark mission furniture with pale yellow decor. Wall decor has special meaning to me. Big window with view of many trees. Everything I need is here. Except the kitchen.

Kitchen window above stove overlooks commons area that looks like a green valley. We nickname it 'Maggie Valley' after an area in NC close to my dad's hometown.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is so easy.   After 17 years with a icky gas fireplace, we now have this.  I'm in paradise.   I love sitting on the sofa that faces it and reading.   Bliss.

IMG_8321.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

very pretty!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~