Contributor

Re: What is the name of the long narrow table that goes behind a sofa if your sofa sits out in the room?

A Hunt table.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is the name of the long narrow table that goes behind a sofa if your sofa sits out in the room?

On 12/15/2014 BonnieBelle said:

Sofa table

That is what it was called when we bought one.

Honored Contributor

Sideboard.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill called it a console table
Respected Contributor

Mine is called a sofa table.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Mima, go online to sites that sell furniture and search for accent tables, etc. and you should find some of those tables there and can see what they call them.

Mima, I just went on to Google and typed in "sofa tables" to see what would come up.

There are many sites showing those tables and they are called "sofa tables" or "console" tables.

Honored Contributor

They have always been sofa tables in my family.

Honored Contributor

There's no fancy name. It's just called a sofa table.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

So, Mima????

Occasional Contributor

On 12/15/2014 holiday62 said:

we always called it a ""coffee table""

Coffee Tables sit in front of the sofa. I have a ""Sofa Table"" that sits behind the sofa. The store I purchased it from called it a ""Sofa Table"". It was a high end furniture store.