Honored Contributor

Re: What Style is Your Home Interior?

@Regal Beewrote:

I have an English Country and Traditional style home interior but I must admit to be Eclectic (mixed styles) at times. 

I basically love everything to be super-cozy and pretty and I love a very neat home. 

Do you have a favorite interior style? What interior style is your home?

Here is a sample:

1223-RT.jpg

I love this!

Honored Contributor

My home is like me; simple, basic, neat, clean, and uncluttered.  I’m quite okay with bare surfaces and open floor space.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTopwrote:

My home is like me; simple, basic, neat, clean, and uncluttered.  I’m quite okay with bare surfaces and open floor space.   

========

@RedTop When I saw this , I thought of the saying "a place for everything, and everything in its place.".  Since the start of the year, I've tried to weed out the unneeded extras in our house. With the exception of one friend who shops incessantly, most the people I know also like clean surfaces with just touch of decoration.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My home is Colonial mixed with some Early American and a small amount of traditional touches. We have a great room with a 12'-13' high wood cathedral ceiling.  The ceiling is definitely the first thing you notice when you come through my front door.  That room is 30' long and 20' wide so, as you might imagine, the wood ceiling is definitely the "statement piece" of my home.  People think our home is a lot bigger than it is when they walk into that room.  It is only about 1650 sq. ft.  We kept all of our walls off white so it wouldn't get too dark.  What I have liked most about it is the warm cozy feeling and it has been very grandchildren and dog friendly!   This picture is not my home but the feeling is similar.

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee Your home (bedroom) is so lovely....makes me dream.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I love looking at the lovely rooms here.  I like so many different styles.   For years I had a more traditional look.  I liked light and airy with more feminine touches like OP posted (still do love that look).  DH leans more toward warm and cozy.  We aren't people who change things a lot so I decided to switch to "warm and cozy" for him and it has really  grown on me.   Joanna Gaines did a modern look I really loved on one of their shows and I did see her do a shabby chic house for a young woman with a son.  It was very cute.  For the most part, these days,I think almost anything goes if you like it!!! 

Respected Contributor

Country - Victorian with a dash of early attic. Actually trying to make my house easier to clean but then I see something I love and have to buy it. My rule is something comes in and something goes out. 

Honored Contributor

If I had to put a name to it, I guess it would be eclectic. It is just "my" style. I have had many people say they would like for me to decorate their home, but I always tell them, only if you like what I like, otherwise I couldn't do it, lol. I know when I see some thing, if it will look right in my home, I couldn't do that for someone else.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

So many nice pictures and posts here. Interesting to read about what others like and how they style their homes. 

Honored Contributor

I guess if I had to pick  a style, mine would be Traditional with a little modern...My home is more cozy, comfy, but nicely decorated, not stuffy at all and I have been told that it is the type of home where people feel comfortable in...

I love throw pillows, rugs, candles, candle sticks, photos, etc......Our furniture is more modern though. My husband loves dark wood......We are both neat freaks too.lol! But not borderline obsessive about it at all......We have grandchildren that are over a lot....lol!