Honored Contributor

Speaking of purging - did 2 pantries today🙀🙀🙀

I thought I did a good job before Christmas purging my pantries - not!

I had to empty both my walk-in and reg pantry since my flooring contractor will be here Monday.

I was surprised by the amount of food in both. Mostly can Goods, Staples, condiments, cake mixes, pastas, snacks, dry cereal etc. (guess I was a little overboard on BOGOs or never checked before buying)

separated it and packed it (all sealed & not expired).  Dropped it off to our community food bank.  

Next thing I tackled (which is stored in walk-in) - kitchen, gadgets, Bakeware, Lock n locks, wraps, mixing bowls, etc. :  Boxed up the excess & dropped off to woman's center for abused woman.  They help these women re-establish themselves in apts./homes so I figure they could use it.

Guess this remodel was a good way to really clean out & when it's done I'll be happy with clean, organized and uncluttered pantries.

(And I plan to keep them this way🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻).

(Next step: painting whole house so gotta get the closets emptied😮🙄) 

Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of purging - did 2 pantries today🙀🙀🙀

Wow, great job, you are going like the energizer bunny. Good for you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 ~ Good job!  Isn't it a great feeling?  I'm always amazed at how many cans of soup and similar things that add up in the pantry.  If only I could remember to check our stock before heading to the store.....  :-) 

Trusted Contributor

You must feel great about 2 clean pantries, BUT more importantly think of those you helped : ) Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot to add -- besides pantries I had to empty 2 full rooms because painter is coming on Wed to paint all ceilings ... my granddaughter Skyped with me tonight she said "Grandmom are you moving home? I see boxes & the rooms empty".  Even my kitty is confused we moved the den furniture into LR he keeps going in there to sit on his fav chair 😾

@Snicks1

Before I "fell" down to relax I had a few 🍷🍷🍷! 😉 

Honored Contributor

@Julie928

Speaking of soup:  we never eat Progresso soup (or much of any other) I had 6 cans ... and hardly ever eat popcorn but both these items were in the pantry!!

Had to be one of those days I was in store & when soup sounded good & popcorn for a snack since they were probably BOGOs🙄😉

Honored Contributor

I just hate to empty the closets when we paint.  I have all of the insides of my closets painted white for this reason.  It makes them nice and light and easy to find things in there and when I paint the room again, I don’t need to paint the inside of the closet again.

i am getting new carpet on my stairs and in three bedrooms this spring, so we are painting the hallway and one bed room as soon as I get the paint.  All three BR’s are furnished, so I have no idea where everything is going to go while the rooms are carpeted.  Also, I have walk in closets in two bedrooms that need to be cleared out to get carpet in there. I have clothing on hangers that have to be taken out and put somewhere where they won’t get wrinkled, then put back in when the carpet is done.

i have never done all of this at one time before and I am getting anxiety over just thinking about it.

We had the old fashioned unfinished type of hardwood installed on my first floor years ago and everything needed to be gone...even my kitchen cabinets and countertops.  We stored everything in the garage for two weeks. Then had to move it all back.

This time all the work will be done on the second floor with no empty room to store everything in.  I hope the flooring installation will new done over several days, so we can move things in and out of the rooms as they are completed.

@homedecor1  I am sure you will be all done with your project before I even start mine.  It will be really nice to start fresh with everything up to date, clean and uncluttered and fresh. You will be able to sit back and enjoy your handiwork.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1-awesome job at clearing the pantries! Nothing like a home improvement project to force you into cleaning and decluttering!

I need to find somewhere local that will accept items for abused women to help them get back on their feet. I'd love to get my items somewhere other than just the salvation army for a change. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie...you have the same issue as I do with carpeting the upstairs...we just painted and then had carpet installed up the stairway and down the hall.  The bedrooms are next and it is a problem as to where to store everything while the carpet is installed and bedroom furniture is big!!

Honored Contributor

Since we haven't sold our current home and our move is not 100% yet - I have been going thru cabinets and drawers , purgeing and cleaning like a house afire. However, instead of then packing the contents I'm gonna keep , they are going back into the drawer or cabinet to be packed later. Doing it this way I am slowly but surely getting rid of a lot of stuff. My Church's thrift store has become a daily visit for my DH.