Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Everyone Using To Mop With Now?

@Teddie wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

@Teddie Smiley Very Happy  Just the only way that feels clean to me, enables me to get into every corner, up to the baseboards, behind the toilet, etc.  Always have done it that way and, at 72, am probably too old to change. 

@minkbunny  I admire that! I used to do the same as you for the very same reasons. How do your knees do down on the hard floor? 

When I started posting I remember you talking about your wonderful life and you were in your 60s, where I’m at now. We live out in the country and I love where we live. Now you’re 72. Hard to believe the time that has passed but so great that you’re able to do all that you do. 😊

I'm 67 and I simply cannot get down on a hard floor (even with pads) with my knees...too painful!

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

@Teddie Smiley Very Happy  Just the only way that feels clean to me, enables me to get into every corner, up to the baseboards, behind the toilet, etc.  Always have done it that way and, at 72, am probably too old to change. 

@minkbunny  I admire that! I used to do the same as you for the very same reasons. How do your knees do down on the hard floor? 

When I started posting I remember you talking about your wonderful life and you were in your 60s, where I’m at now. We live out in the country and I love where we live. Now you’re 72. Hard to believe the time that has passed but so great that you’re able to do all that you do. 😊

I'm 67 and I simply cannot get down on a hard floor (even with pads) with my knees...too painful!

Same here, @haddon9 ! This last week I thought I’d get down on an exercise mat to do some exercises and realized that wasn’t going to work. I have one outer knee that really hurts for some reason. Don’t know why!

Esteemed Contributor

Swifer wet jet. Love it. I also own the Hover but like the Swifer better.

Respected Contributor

I have engineered hardwoods in the living areas/kitchen, and tile in the bathrooms/laundry area.  I've been using the Bona spray for wood floors and the Bona spray for tile floors with the Don Aslett microfiber washable pads.  Although the floors look fine, I think those washable pads just move the dirt and dust and hair around more than they actually remove it.

Been thinking of getting a swiffer with disposable pads for mopping up the debris.  Just to see if it does a better job than the microfiber pads.  I did see a great vacume that seemed to be able to polish any type of floor and vacume it too.  It was $299 - forget what brand, and was so tempted to order it just because of the way it showed a shiny polished wood floor with no debris.  But wasn't prepared to spend the $$$$.

I didn't think steam mops were to be used on hardwood type flooring.  Also I both spray my microfiber pad with the Bona spray and then mop, and sometimes I just spray the floor and then mop.  I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I just don't feel like the floor is that clean.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Swifter.  Never going back to mop and pail!

Respected Contributor

@Teddie @haddon9 ,  So far so good regarding the knees.  I bike and walk everyday, do planks and use some other machines if the mood strikes me (we have a home gym).   I try to be careful because I know that I am getting up there in years Smiley Surprised

@Teddie   Always good to see you, my friend.  We certainly do go way back - back to an earlier century in fact.  I am so happy you have gotten moved to the country.  Enjoy each moment.  I wish you many, many years of happiness.   We are doing well, still loving each other and the farm - and some rather chubby horses and a downright fat cat. 

Trusted Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

@Teddie @haddon9 ,  So far so good regarding the knees.  I bike and walk everyday, do planks and use some other machines if the mood strikes me (we have a home gym).   I try to be careful because I know that I am getting up there in years Smiley Surprised

@Teddie   Always good to see you, my friend.  We certainly do go way back - back to an earlier century in fact.  I am so happy you have gotten moved to the country.  Enjoy each moment.  I wish you many, many years of happiness.   We are doing well, still loving each other and the farm - and some rather chubby horses and a downright fat cat. 

@minkbunny   I’m so delighted to find this message from you.  And I’m  even more delighted to read of your continued happiness and peaceful life. I really do get it. 😊

We boight our land and designed our home to have built 13 or 14 years ago. I am at peace when I’m home. Our youngest daughter is getting married in September and has decided she wants everything here. She and her daddy have been obtaining barn wood and are making over the interior of a large shed for the reception. That’s kind of a thing now, ya know, the elegant but barn look. Ha! Fortunately she is quite skillful and artsy and I have confidence she will make it into the beautiful space she wants. Truthfully, I’m overwhelmed with the whole concept but doing my best to support her.

My husband has recently developed some serious health concerns and is going through testing and we are all concerned for him. It also means he’s not able to do all that he needs to do. We’re all praying. 

Keep enjoying all that God has blessed you with, my dear! 

Respected Contributor

Font Family
Font Sizes

@Teddie Hope @ECBG won't think I am hijacking her thread but I simply must wish your daughter well, the wedding sounds lovely and it will mean so much that she was able to have her dad and the whole family invovled.  Wonderful memories for a lifetime.  My grandson had a country themed wedding and everybody had such a great time. 

Prayers for your hubby,  hope all turns out well with his medical tests. . Heart

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

O Cedar washable microfiber mop & a wring bucket

ocedar microfiber.jpg

So is THIS what peope are calling a "spin mop"?    

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I still get on my hands and knees.

@Mom2Dogs  Wow I have not done that for years....good for you.