Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Everyone Using To Mop With Now?

I always vacuum first with the roller bar up and just suction.  

I dry mop with Libby's 18" long dust mopheads.  They're like microfiber fingers and are really good for picking up any dust that the vacuum leaves behind. 

For wet mopping, I use Quickie Sponge mops and a bucket of hot water with either dish liquid or mild laundry detergent--depending on what I'm washing.  I've never gotten on my hands and knees to wash a floor.  Opening and squeezing closed a sponge mop many times seems better for me than wringing out a rag with my hands.  It's all about how clean your water is --or isn't.

I do have a Shark steam mop that sprays out a solution and then you steam away.  

When dry mopping and steam mopping, I change the pads like a fanatic using several per room.  They all can be machine washed and I use Lysol Sanitizing Laundry liquid for them and my bath mats.

Respected Contributor

Re: What Is Everyone Using To Mop With Now?

I use a mop with a bucket with a spin thing so you never have to touch the nasty dirty mop. I love it.its not a hurricane mop and bucket but its just like that. A different name. Can't think of it off hand but I know it came from Amazon.