Trusted Contributor
It depends on where you live in the South. The forecast in Little Rock is saying the temperature will be around 99 degrees in the next week. These are temperatures that are typical in mid-late July for this area. It kind of crept up on us. It was sleeting 5 weeks ago.
Respected Contributor
This is unseasonably hot and also very dry. Now the wildfires are popping up. It's gonna be a hot, hot summer I'm afraid. And yes, I'm a native Floridian so I know it's hot and humid 😜
Esteemed Contributor

Super hot here in SC as well - temps in the 90's with heat index in the 100's! Usually we get this weather in July/August. I'm thinking its going to be a long, hot summer. We haven't had a rainy day in a while either. Im going to start doing the "rain dance!"

Respected Contributor

SW PA.  The last month our weather has been all over the place.  Like most, our humidity is up there.  We had some super high temps several weeks back, which is not typical for late May/June. Now our temps have evened out to the 80s.  For the last week, it been on and off storms.  We're lucky if we dry out enough to get the grass mowed.  Its really bizarre, sunny and blue skies, then a storm rolls thru, then it goes back to sun again.   All I know is I hate humidity and I want to move to Arizona.

Super Contributor

Woo Hoo ... we finally got some rain last evening in the form of thunder storms! It's only been close to 4 weeks since our little spot here (NC) has been lucky to catch some .. ughh. It's sending the humidity sky high today. It's early for this kind of heat in our area.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Well, Holy Hot Hades

[ Edited ]

It is hot here in Kansas City also.

it is only 86 but feels like a 126 even with the air on im hot and my poor parrots are panting.