Honored Contributor

One of the best purchases I've ever made.  I absolutely love it. I told DH that he had better never ask me to give it up, because if the choice came down to him or the blanket, I might have to choose the blanket, lol.

Make sure you choose one that has a removable cover, because there is no way to launder the blanket itself.  Yes, they are heavy. MIne is 16 pounds.  Honestly, either of my kitties were on the bed and I tossed it on them, it would hurt them... or worse.

To my knowledge, they come in twin size only, which is good, because I don't think I could lift and fold anything bigger than that.  This means that I can cover myself with it and DH doesn't have to endure sleeping with it.  He hates it.

On our bed, we use a top sheet, thin cotton blanket and a coverlet.  In the cooler months, I put the weighted blanket over that and I'm not too warm.  However, if I lived alone, I would sleep with the weighted blanket as my only cover, because when it's by itself it wraps around and hugs every inch of you.  I've long suffered from restless legs and pretty much restless everything else.  I think this blanket is wonderful.

~ house cat ~