Honored Contributor

Re: Washer/Dryer Recommendations Requested

@World Traveler wrote:

@AspenGrove Thanks! I have enjoyed the front loading because it uses less water and it doesn't beat the H*** out of my clothes! Smiley Happy  And it is quieter; at least compared to the top loading/agitator I had prior to the current machine.

@World Traveler 

That was another issue with new washing machines while I was researching them. The washer I bought has one of those impellers in it. It uses less water also. I noticed water bill was almost $20 less.

Our water bill is high because we have a reverse osmosis system. It uses water to make water.

Respected Contributor

I have an LG front load washer and dryer with pedastals.  I also like the pedastals because I don't have to bend as far.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whirlpool makes:

Jenn-Air

Maytag

Kitchen Aid

Amana

Roper

Electrolux makes:

Frigidaire

Tappan

Gibson

Kelvinator

The article also said that Maytag is the "work horse" of the Whirlpool products.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy I have enjoyed not having to bend over with the pedestal set I have; however, I really miss not being able to comfortably fold my clothes after I take them out of the dryer due to the height of the set. Not having the pedestals would be a plus; however, my back may have a different opinion on that!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler    Sorry, I don't know.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

• We had a 15 year old whirlpool washer die 18 months ago and it couldn't be fixed.repair men said he highly recommended whirlpool or ge top load agitator washers.he also said stay away from Samsung and LG and he washers without agitators are junk. We bought a ge top loading washer it fills all the way up and spins clothes out way better than the old washer did. Our old washer was 3.3 and the new washer is 4.2. Hugh difference .good luck. 
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@AspenGrove Thanks! I have enjoyed the front loading because it uses less water and it doesn't beat the H*** out of my clothes! Smiley Happy  And it is quieter; at least compared to the top loading/agitator I had prior to the current machine.

I have noticed the opposite since switching back, LESS wear, tear and pilling of fabrics.

I have heard fabric experts report that the very little water in HE washers cause the fabric to rub

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl Hmmmmm....that is interesting about the fabric rubbing. Does make sense though. What to do, what to do....so much good advice pro/con. Thought I knew what I wanted; now all this good advice/experience puts a cramp in my brain. ha! 

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 I finally found the original paperwork and have had the Samsung ten years, which I understand is as much as one can expect nowadays from a washer. I understand the LG is from Korea (or someplace over there), and I want to be sure to get American made, which would be any of the Whirlpool products, including Maytag.

Yes, I bet 4.2 makes a huge difference. Love the bigger tubs!

Respected Contributor

Last Christmas we got king size comforters and they fit is this washer well . the old washer they never would have fit. We have had the ge washer for almost 18 months and we still love it.     We have a Maytag dishwasher that's 12 years old. It washes very good but thank god we bought the service contract.it has been fixed over the years like at least 8 times.each repair repair man said would have been close to 300 bucks. That's my take on Maytag. Next dishwasher we buy would be a ge.