Honored Contributor

Wallpaper is a no for me.  I don't care for it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

We never had wallpaper when I was growing up, but a friend of mine encouraged me to put it in several of my rooms back in the 90s.  I tired of it through the years, and found it EXTREMELY difficult to remove.  I swore...never again!

A dear friend of mine sold her home last year, and was told by the realtor to remove all of the wallpaper because otherwise it would be difficult to sell. 

Esteemed Contributor

Early 90s - had to have the vine wallpaper in kitchen and diningroom with our traditional decor. When I went more contemporary casual we removed paper. So difficult to remove, like others, we said 'never again.'   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@wilma  Oh yes grew up in U.K. with wallpaper everywhere!

DH and I always bought old Victorians in U.K. So William Morris wallpaper, Lincrusta wallpapers and paint the way to go.  Loved decorating this way.  We found some really beautiful papers then also one level in our house - bedrooms - was all Decco, and the papers unique.  Yes, love wallpapers used correctly.

Then we ended up in several hundred years old cottage in the country - all beams, granite and paint.

Honored Contributor

I love wallpaper.  Some patterns are a no go for me, but generally I am a big fan.

When we built our home, I had the two full baths and the two powder rooms wallpapered as well as one bedroom.

A few years ago, I removed the last of it in the baths.  It was time to let it go as it was looking worn. I want to repaper the main bath again.

One of the reasons many people don't like it is the cost.  It is extremely expensive and if you have to pay someone to put it up or take it down that really puts the price over the top.

Lucky me.  My DH hangs wallpaper beautifully.  

When we bought our first home, I scraped layers of wallpaper off of every wall in the house.  My DH spackled  and repaired the plaster walls and he re-papered the walls again with more modern designs.  I really miss that house.

Respected Contributor

We also did wallpaper in the early 90's, and like others have said "never again."

Honored Contributor

No, wallpaper is not for me.

Honored Contributor

I still have some in my bathroom on one wall.....I thought about removing it, but it still looks good with the rest of the room so left it as it is....Ive seen rooms in magazines and online decorating sites where it does appear to be making a come-back ...For me, Its all up to the design of the wallpaper itself and how its used whether it appeals to me or not....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

... and that's all that matters, your personal likes & what you're comfortable with.

I think it should be that way with anyone .. what one's personal preference is & likes.

Respected Contributor

I love wallpaper - always have, always will.  Of course, I love victorian decor.  I have some wallpaper in every room in my house, including halls, foyer, stairways, baths and laundry room.   Some rooms only one wall, some rooms only border, some rooms all wallpaper.  My kitchen is 3 walls with wall paper and one large wall that is stone.

My bedroom at home when I was young was wallpapered in roses and to this day I love roses and roses wallpaper  (I now have one room with one wall papered in roses).  My aunt had a large victorian home and she was very talented.  She changed her wallpaper every few years and she and my uncle did it all.

Obviousy I could never go with contemporary decor or be a minimalist!