Honored Contributor

Image may contain: indoor

What do you think of how the wallpaper has been placed, both downstairs and upstairs, for this entryway?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono -

The placement would be nice if I liked the wallpaper.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Wallpaper in Entryway

[ Edited ]

I'm usually not a fan of wallpaper, but this is unique and pretty.  The design picks up the pattern in the chandelier.  The colors are soft even though the design is complex.  A lot of thought went into this space.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono  It is a little too much for me, and my first thought was that the wallpaper matched the chandelier.  However, I do not dislike it, but I don't want it in my home.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I don't hate it. I kind of like how the wallpaper compliments the chandelier but the pink wall has to go...and this wouldn't be something I would choose for my home.

Honored Contributor

It's right in my taste except for the pink.  I would have either papered that as well; painted it white too and probably put a same-sized  group of black and white drawing prints framed in black alont there; or painted it a gray.

I think the row of prints at the top would be wonderful!  Nice black and white drawings, white mats and thin black fames.  Not too big and not too many of them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Wallpaper in Entryway

[ Edited ]

@Sooner I like the coral color, as it compliments and softens the design element in the wallpaper.  However, I think your grey suggestion would be stunning.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd On my monitor the color is Pepto Pink!  LOL!!

I would put that wallpaper anywhere in my house.  I would especially love it in a royal blue or navy with navy accents and blue and white ceramics.  

I'm thinking in a kitchen or dining room with white built in bookcases with the backs of the shelves painted navy and with books, objects and some blue and white vases in them.  Or in a white kitchen with blue and white accent pieces.  You could even throw in some red pieces for the holidays or peaches and oranges for fall decor if you are into that. 

Honored Contributor

It's very pretty but the pink wall must go.

Honored Contributor

I think it takes away from the beautiful woodwork of the stairs.

The pink wall is a little confusing, as well. 

Chandelier is cool.