Honored Contributor

New Home Show with Sandra Bennett

It will be called Authentic Living With Sandra.  She describes it on her IG page as bringing "easy ways to organize and beautify your home, shortcuts to serenity (less stress), beauty tips and a lot more."

The premier is Tuesday 7/23 from 6-8pm ET.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Home Show with Sandra Bennett

[ Edited ]

👎

Esteemed Contributor

It seem kitchen and home stuff must be selling more than other merchandise. I remember when fashion ruled, hardly any hair or makeup. Then hair makeup ramped up now kitchen and home. I do not watch as much as I used too. Not interested in this show. 

Trusted Contributor

Can't wait for this new show, I love the home and Kitchen shows and Sandra is Awesome.

Honored Contributor

@godiI think that's the direction retail is going.  I spend my summers in a subarban village which used to be a clothing and jewelry and home decor shoppping destination.  Now?   The home decor is kind of still here, but starting to suffer, there are only half of the jewelry shops that once existed on the main street, and while there are still some clothing shops, I don't know anyone who shops in them .  Every time one has closed, it seems to stay empty or be replaed by a sports-oriented or a health-oriented one.

I know my shopping habits differ from many, but it's also pretty obvious to me that there's a shift in lots of buying habits.  I'd like ti hope the generations after mine will turn out to shop less.  We're already creating far more trash than we know what to do with -  and even the thrift shops in the densely populated areas where I live can't use lots of what is left at their doors and have no space to keep it for later!

Esteemed Contributor

@digo - Actually, based on QVC's financial reports, it's just the opposite—purchases in fashion and accessories are on the rise, but the home category is on the decline. I think management is trying new approaches and shows to try to boost sales.

Respected Contributor

Authentic Living? Just the name of the show is a channel turner for me.

Respected Contributor

Hmm.  Authentic?  She is a paid tv host.  Her job is to sell us whatever her bosses tell her to regardless of how she may feel about it.  I think authentic is not a good choice of words.  I don't love these "lifestyle" type of shows.  It implies that we admire these hosts so much that we want to be like them. Personally I do not admire them in that way.  They are mostly competant and good at explaining produtcts but I really don't wish to emulate their lives.  Just sayin!  No offense to anyone who likes it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Sandra a lot and will tune in.

However, I suspect her show may not be much different than everyone else's "Home" shows.  I am happy for her, getting a named show after losing Friday Night Beauty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I like Sandra a lot and will tune in.

However, I suspect her show may not be much different than everyone else's "Home" shows.  I am happy for her, getting a named show after losing Friday Night Beauty.

The title doesn't phase me, it's just a title.  I agree that it will be similar to all of the other home shows QVC has tried.  They dared not call it "You're Home With Sandra," lest all the devoted Jill Bauer fans shout Sacrilege!! and email Mike George.

I especially see this new show as trying to bring a hodgepodge of home and beauty items to catch as large a viewership as possible.  Those not really into home shows may watch because they like Sandra's beauty shows, and vice versa.  Laura Geller is already scheduled to appear soon.

QVC's Home products genre has suffered in sales. Only time will tell if this will improve their financials.

I like Sandra, I'm happy she has this new show.