Honored Contributor

This sweet house has been all over various media, and I was a little surprised it's the house of the president of posh One Kings Lane.  Pleasantly surprised!  Of course, it's skillfully done, but gives the impression of being warm, informal, a great place to relax and enjoy life.

033017_Showroom_Lead2.jpg

Anyway, see what you think in the Quintessence video below.   I'm not that crazy about all the hinges and hardware in the kitchen, but it's a pleasant, traditional kitchen.  Love the traditional island.  Don't like her alligators so much, but love her elephants, of course!  Love the moody color her hubby requested for master bedroom.  Love the supremely battered table she uses as a desk.  Love her little Boston terrier (he is a Boston terrier, isn't he, doggie experts?)....

The house just gives me a good feeling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwhZ-I7cqSQ

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like a real family home, very comfortable.  I got the feeling she that she made sure everything was perfect before the cameras arrived but it doesn't always look like that when the family is there doing real living in the home.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  I love the house, the walls, and the woodwork; but, the furnishings don't seem appropriate to the house. Not warm to me. Sorry!

Respected Contributor

The house is too big... I cant imagine the heating and cooling costs and the property taxes in Connecticut are through the roof.  Its a huge pass.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

The house is too big... I cant imagine the heating and cooling costs and the property taxes in Connecticut are through the roof.  Its a huge pass.  

@Reever  When you are able to purchase a home like this in Connecticut, none of those other things are significant.

Honored Contributor

Re: WARM CONNECTICUT HOUSE

[ Edited ]

Yes, to the house and interior architecture.  Like the colonial hardware on the kitchen cabinets and doors...perfect for this house.  

Decor, for me, doesn't work for this style of house.  

Esteemed Contributor

This house reminds me of the one in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, which also happened to be in Connecticut.

Esteemed Contributor

The first thing I thought -- is this a salt box house? It's a style I don't see often in my corner of the world. Very nice.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I found it hard to pay attention to the house -- distracting to hear a lovely Scottish accent marred by the twin afflictions of uptalking and vocal fry.

Regular Contributor

I love everything about this home! I moved away from CT 12 years ago and dream about returning--- while it is expensive to live there- I miss it terribly!