Respected Contributor

Visually Interesting Conservatory

There is something about this room that I truly love from the unusual light fixture to the starry ceiling to the Gothic windows, and flooring detail. I could imagine sitting in that room with many others discussing things of great importance in the world.

May be an image of indoor

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Visually Interesting Conservatory

It is ornate, and visually stimulating, but not my thing. I admire people that step out of the box and decorate with such original ideas.

Honored Contributor

It is magnificent. elegant, stunning and for me a very big YES!!!!!  The ceiling is spectacular and unique, the furnishings the windows, decor all beautiful.  I too could easily be very comfortable in this space and embrace my surroundings.

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of the Whistler Peacock Rooms of the Freer/Sackler Smithsonian in D.C.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born  This is just beautiful... I adore it and part of the joy of having this room would be knowing it's uniquely yours...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born  It is a beautiful room.  I especially like the windows, and blue is my favorite color.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I like this so much I wanted to know more about it. While we can't, unfortunately, post links... anyone interested need only Google the picture to learn an article about this space (and added pictures) appears on the New England home magazine (nehomemag.com) website. The title of the article is Massachusetts Gothic and it appeared in July of 2012... There are also lots of links to Pinterest and elsewhere...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

What a spectacular room!  I don’t know anything about the rest of the building, but I would want to spend all my time in this place of peace and beauty.

Super Contributor

I especially love the window & the two chairs.  The rest I could pass on.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @stevieb - I didn't know one could Google images, and due to your post, I have now been able to find and admire the incredible room leading up to that marvellous conservatory.  How I wish I could enlarge the image of the room below to fully explore all of the details of the gorgeous Gothic bookcase within: