Respected Contributor
Wondering how people like the glass bowls that are above sink top? I think they are attractive but after using one in a vacation rental I would not buy for myself. My experience was that I splashed more out. I also see a potential cleaning challenge. They do seem to be popular.
Honored Contributor

Have a large pale aqua glass bowl on top of the vanity in the guest bath....very zen.  Love!

Respected Contributor

I agree - pretty, but not practical.  I would have one in a guest bathroom though, but not mine. 

Esteemed Contributor

We have one in the guest bathroom downstairs. It's pretty but we do make sure to wipe it out after each use so it doesn't build up with hard water marks. We mainly use it for filling up the kitties water bowl. 

Honored Contributor

I like them but I don't want them. I like some of those trough sinks they have out there.

Respected Contributor

I like them and think they're pretty.  They have one at the nail salon I go to.  I know that gets more use than one I would have in my home, but it looks like it would get a lot of water stains.  I don't like when the faucet is on the side. 

Honored Contributor

BIG undermount bathroom sink--the only way to fly!  Big enough to soak clothes and wash your hair!  Easy peasy to clean up.

Respected Contributor

We had them in our old home and now we are having our master bathroom remodeled in our new home and have gone with undercounter mounted sinks. The vessel sinks are really beautiful to look at but they are hard to keep clean and you do get a lot of extra splash when using them.

Honored Contributor

We have had a clear glass one in the main bathroom since they first came out. Have a big mirror in back of it with the faucet coming out of the mirror. We picked the right faucet because the water comes out smooth and there is no splash.

We keep a microfiber cloth to wipe around if needed. We have no problems with it except I am tired of it now. Not a big priority at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

All of our sinks are under mount.  I try to stay away from too many fads. I think these will go out of style one of these days.  LM