Trusted Contributor

Re: VARIOUS TYPES OF LIGHTING

@Oznell  These are all very nice! My favorite, aside from my dining room chandelier, is the brass pharmacy lamp. It's a classic and goes with most everything. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I am really getting into some different lighting.. I have seen some very unique and different lighting used on some HGTV shows lately. I think it helps to see the lighting in rooms versus just stacked up together at the Homegoods store, its hard to visualize it in your own home sometimes......I love the Bubble Lighting, I know a lot of people don't but something about it appeals to me....I like a lot of the lighting that you featured as well.....

Honored Contributor

I like most of the lights you are showing, maybe not the glitzy, crystal lights , but more of the industrial type, the spudnik one I adore too. I recently replaced my 80's style, gold garbage lights, over my dining room table and over my door entryway with oil rubbed bronze  with clear shades that are that seedy glass and have edison bulbs in them. My house is nothing special, just square rooms in a sqaure box, so felt I could go a little industial.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell 

Thanks for taking the time to post all these pictures.

I like a variety of lighting in my rooms. My DH wants bright lights everywhere! 😱 He doesn’t “understand” mood lighting. 

I like the table lamps here. Not sure about the brass drum light. Maybe? 

3land---Copy.jpg

I don't like these lights at all. Too cold and industrial looking. My DH would love that angled task lamp on the right. I could “tolerate” it in our finished basement. 

B23_Cover.jpg

I like the table lamps but not the hanging light. 

D20_Cover.jpg