Honored Contributor

It seems that there is one stone countertop on the beige cabinets, and another variety on the darker wood cabinet.  I have done the same in my kitchen.  My white perimeter cabinets have different stone countertops than my dark wood island has.  The weirdness in the picture however, is that the two islands are right next to each other, and from the angle we see it looks weird.  Would love to see the kitchen at a different angle.  

I agree that the animal heads have to go.  It's a nice kitchen, but I don't think it's particularly "upscale."  I have that stove; lots of people do.

Frequent Contributor

Not my idea of an upscale kitchen. The only thing 'upscale' looks like the stove. The horse head looks very out of place.

Honored Contributor

I know many of you don't watch the Real Housewives.  However, Lisa VanderPump just changed her entire kitchen.

The guy gave her an estimate of several hundred thousand dollars when she was looking.

I think it was last week we saw the final results.  It was amazing!  All white.

I know absolutely nothing about designs, etc.  But even I thought it was just beautiful.  I can't imagine spending that much money for anything in a house!

The picture doesn't do it justice.  

Honored Contributor

More pictures of her fixtures:

Respected Contributor

Classy kitchen but I could do without the Godfather horse head!

Honored Contributor

Actually, the first picture that @stevieb posted looked a lot like my middle daughter's kitchen when she lived in Va.

Quick story:  I was babysitting her 3 girls at her house when we had the eathrquake here in Va.  I remember the sound of that huge hood shaking and it scared me to death.

It was open combining the kitchen and family room.  That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture.

Her kitchen wasn't that color.  I think it was black and white (can't even remember).  Getting old messes with memory!

Honored Contributor

Re: Upscale Kitchen...

[ Edited ]

A miss for me.

Don’t like the horse, the rooster, the sheep, any other animals lurking around.  or the thing behind the stove top.  The backsplash doen’t appeal.  The pot rack makes me think there is not enough storage space besides, I don’t want to look at post copper or not.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Sheesh... Someone please remind me never to use the term 'upscale' again... 

Woman Very Happy

I think this kitchen has some very nice elements. Overall, it isn't what I'd choose. To answer what appears to be the most pressing question, I opted to describe the kitchen as 'upscale' because that's the way it strikes me. I might not adore every aspect of it, but it clearly includes some very high end elements... A range and hood that probably cost as much as a small car... A separate marble baking counter, which is also probably why there appears for some to be a disconnect between the counter top surfaces... A substantial armoire, which, whether folks like it or not, did not come cheap... Dishes and other accouterments that pretty definitely did not come from the dollar store... And so on... Like others, I could live without the animal heads, but do like the rooster...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I know it doesn't matter but wanted to point out that it's a Goat head, see his

little goatee and smaller ears.  Don't care for it though.  Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

Re: Upscale Kitchen...

[ Edited ]

Aw, @stevieb you can use the term upscale around me and if you would like to come "upscale" the kitchen in my rental stop by anytime.  I think the kitchen you presented is lovely and the "animal" elements could easily be eliminated by the buyer.

But on the whole I like the kitchen and gosh the stove and work stations are wonderful.  The armoire/pantry thing (if that is what it is) is great.  If it is hiding the fridge it's still great.  

What my kitchen lacks is hidden, functional storage and enough counter space so I have a  5 ft. commercial stainless steel table that I purchased so I can assemble and prepare food.  I have drawers instead of base cabinets except for under the sink and they are not all that useful.

Upper cabinets seem shallow in depth to me and some like the one over the refrigerator are inaccessible without a stepladder so they hold the "almost never to be used" items.

Anyway you present photo shoots that let us induldge our fantasies as well as give us ideas on styles, color combinations, and the like, so please keep finding the fabulous for us!