Honored Contributor

Upper East Side Penthouse LR

Image may contain: table and indoor

Super Contributor

Re: Upper East Side Penthouse LR

Love it,only thing I would change is the color of the cushions. Not my favorite color.

Honored Contributor

Those stripes make the table look like it's levitating......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

Its a no, wayyyy too industrial for me. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

When you think of what could be done with the space, volume and light of this penthouse, what they ended up doing is quite dismal, to me.

The impersonality is somewhat reminiscent of an airport waiting room in some newly Marxist country.  Combine that with the absence of softness and the harsh rigid lines that predominate, and it spells uninviting and dreary.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like it.

Honored Contributor

It's ugly.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

When you think of what could be done with the space, volume and light of this penthouse, what they ended up doing is quite dismal, to me.

The impersonality is somewhat reminiscent of an airport waiting room in some newly Marxist country.  Combine that with the absence of softness and the harsh rigid lines that predominate, and it spells uninviting and dreary.

@Oznell Before I read your comment, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking. . ."It looks about as homey as an airport lounge waiting area."

So impersonal looking.  How could anyone relax in that scary looking room?  It's horrible.

Honored Contributor

I think it would be a beautiful light and airy room if it was completely redecorated.

Honored Contributor

Love the colors and the light in that room -  never thought about mixing and matching seat cushions that way.

Having said that -  the room is too city upscale for my everyday casual living style.  I'm working toward getting myself down to one dwelling and making that one truly reflect how I want to live now.