Respected Contributor

Re: Upper East Side Penthouse LR

@DREAMON   Exactly what I was thinking!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Great minds... and all that... The first thing I thought when I saw this photograph was that it looks like an airport waiting area... Just awful... What a waste of premium space...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

i agree with @Oznell 

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t like it at all 👎

Esteemed Contributor

I love the space, but I don't like the floor or furniture. I have seen a few swanky  high end apartments in the city, and they either very ornate, or they have this kind of hard modern look. 

Esteemed Contributor

It looks so cold and uncomfortable.  Too many straight, modern lines and boring furniture.

Yet, the space could be attractive if done with textures, different color palate and interesting furniture. It does have a lot possibilities. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Oznell  Great minds... and all that... The first thing I thought when I saw this photograph was that it looks like an airport waiting area... Just awful... What a waste of premium space...

On second thought, though the address and hence the space probably are premium... I don't even like the space... It's too vast, too open and to soaring... I don't think there''s really much that could be done to warm this up... I don't like anything about this penthouse... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

No warmth, no feeling of comfort or coziness, cold and unsightly all the way through!

Super Contributor

I really dislike this entire room, especially the rug. I think it is not at all inviting, quite cold.

Honored Contributor

I don't like very modern kind of stripped down rooms.  And that flooring --- very jarring to  the eyes.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin