Honored Contributor

Re: Turquoise Living Room...

I very much like nearly all the elements in this room, though I'd not have combined them all together. I especially love the beautiful side table and the lamp. I like the color choices and have always been fond of turquoise and red used together. I don't like the Asian screen at all and don't care for the metallic garden stool. Some of the table top accessories could go and I'd have chosen different sconces. I like the animal print rug but would probably not have used it in this room. I tend to like this decorator's work but sometimes feel he takes things a bit too far. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It's a room that hasn't made up its mind.

Honored Contributor

Although not necessarily to my taste, it's a room with a strong point of view that is at least grounded in a knowing eye.  (Did I just mix metaphors, ha.)

The wall paper or fabric stripe is my least favorite thing.  And given the strong lines and patterns, I personally wouldn't have the patterned ceiling either.

BUT, turquoise and red is a sophisticated color combo that is pleasing and refreshing to me; I almost always really like that, in both clothing and decor.  Also, that close-up side table detail you showed, @stevieb is really pretty.  Love the rustic pottery juxtaposed with the refined Asian ceramics!

Respected Contributor

Sorry, NOPE

Looks to me like a mish-mash of style & colors.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely horrible....especially with the other blues in the room which do not work with that horrid turquoise!