Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to do my Huggable Hangers homework=)

Thanks for all the input! Really appreciate it ...and the ideas=) Didn't mention the pulling the clothes off the hangers as an issue...we don't do that (not judging those who might Smiley Wink ... was the getting the clothing on and off w/out too much struggle and, possibly, damaging necklines, etc. =) Sounds like there are varied experiences and, maybe, mixing in few other varied hanger options might be a good idea. (Didn't even think that coats might be too heavy...will try some on the hangers I have here.) The uniform appearance and the great colors just keep pulling me in...lol. Smiley Wink So happy for everyone who has/loves them!!!

Honored Contributor

I have several hundred of the HH hangers and use them mostly on pull-over types of clothing. What I do is remove the hanger from the rod, take the shirt off and put the hanger in a pile of hangers to be taken to the laundry. One of the big advantages of these hangers is that they take up so little room on the rod, enabling you to buy more clothes. I no longer use anything but the HHS.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Caffeina ~ thank you! That is was I was doing today (my "homework") and as you mentioned, I think it just took a little bit of time figuring out the most effcient and easiest way to handle the pullovers =) I appreciate your sharing your experience...I don't feel so alone...lol. =)

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/11/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said: It's a hanger. I try not to overthink it. I replaced every hanger in our house with them almost 9 years ago when we moved to our new house. I bought the linen color and bought them from HSN. We've never broken one. Nothing has ever stretched out from being on the hanger. Some things I use the regular hanger and on some things I use the one with the bar across. We have no other hangers in our house except for 3 plastic ones that we keep in the laundry room for things that need to be hung up wet after washing. We love them.

gidget, just an FYI: I hang my wet items on my HH after washing. I've never had a problem of any sort. Smile

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/11/2014 circles said:

I have a few I bought at Target, too.....

same issues with cotton pullovers...sweaters....struggle getting them on and off...

I have a fleece coat...light weight...that those hangers weeble/wobble when I put it on them...then go to hang in my closet....just do not seem sturdy enough....

I have a very heavy D.B. coat that I would never even try to put his coat on the hangers...

circles, I hang a very heavy leather coat of mine on my HH and it holds perfectly. Perhaps it's due to your hangers being a different brand that they wobble? HH's also hold my husband's heavy outerwear.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

I know what you mean--they definitely aren't for a person in a hurry! For pullovers I always snake the hanger up from the bottom of garment! Works great!

Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2014 twopeas said:
On 1/11/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said: It's a hanger. I try not to overthink it. I replaced every hanger in our house with them almost 9 years ago when we moved to our new house. I bought the linen color and bought them from HSN. We've never broken one. Nothing has ever stretched out from being on the hanger. Some things I use the regular hanger and on some things I use the one with the bar across. We have no other hangers in our house except for 3 plastic ones that we keep in the laundry room for things that need to be hung up wet after washing. We love them.

gidget, just an FYI: I hang my wet items on my HH after washing. I've never had a problem of any sort. Smile

Hey, that's great. Thanks for letting me know!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

The JM hangers are absolutely the best. You can hang the heaviest coat to the lightest blouse and they work beautifully. I've not had any issues with anything stretching out, BUT, and this is a big but, if you hang a pullover shirt or sweater, you do have to go about getting it off the hanger a little more carefully and from the bottom. My husband even loves the hangers because his ironed button downs don't shift around and wrinkle.

Super Contributor

I use them for all my heavy coats, never had a problem. I use all HH suit hangers, not the shirt hangers. I buy them from HSN when on sale and free shipping. I've tried imitations, not as good.
Frequent Contributor

Costco has a set of 50 hangers identical to JM's for $10 in black with chrome. Had them for years and no problems.