Honored Contributor

Re: Transitional Meets Rustic...

Are the sparsely spaced beams the "rustic"?

Looks more beachy to me.  I like it.

Esteemed Contributor

This living room/dining room is put together well but it's just not my style.  I took one look at the shiplap and said, "nope, not for me". Those club chairs look uncomfortable too.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

This seems to me a very specific taste that you don't want to veer from.  While I find it attractive, I feel like I couldn'nt veer to much on this one and that would bother me.

Honored Contributor

For me, this is one of those rooms where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I like the beams, the ship-lap, the prints and possibly the tufted ottoman, though I'd use it other than as a coffee table... Otherwise, none of these elements appeal to me and yet somehow the room comes off as being somewhat attractive, though not my taste. I detest that dining room light, and that style has become so trite. The space itself is pleasing but I'd like to start from scratch with the decor.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@stevieb 

Beautiful & my style!  Well, mostly, anyways ..

I'd remove the bench on the right side & add a tad more color to the room.  The wooden beams are just the right amount, no more.  I'd also replace the ceiling light fixture in the background dining room.  Would love to live there, it's so bright & airy.

Thank you for sharing.

@sceniccoast  Somehow I sort of suspected you'd like this one...  With you completely on that awful dining room light fixture...

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Are the sparsely spaced beams the "rustic"?

Looks more beachy to me.  I like it.

@faeriemoon  Pretty much yes to the beams and the rustic... I came across additional pictures of this one that I'll post later... Even with the added vignettes, the 'rustic' is, to me, a stretch...

Honored Contributor

Just too bland .....too much white furniture...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”