Honored Contributor

Sort of a mix going on here, but, for me, it more or less works...Colonial vibe going on with the beds, tortoise color matchstick blinds at the windows and a lot of the toile pattern... I'm a sucker for most toiles, though this one doesn't wow me, not being a fan of Chinoiserie... Like the wall color...

5guestroom.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Toile in the Guest Room...

Yes, @stevieb ,  that's an interesting toile, not the same-old, same-old--  it's pretty.  I like the way one of the colors in it picks up the shade of the matchstick blinds too...

Esteemed Contributor

I find the room and decor very nice.  My bedroom walls are the exact same color.  I wouldn't change a thing, well maybe the artwork on the walls, but that's it.

Respected Contributor

It looks a very ‘charming’ room but definitely not for me never been into toile like seeing it but not my choice.  Do like the wall colour.

Respected Contributor

I normally love toile, but that pattern doesn't do it for me.  I also find the beds very distracting....too many tall posts sticking up in the air for me!

I do love that blue color.  Perfect for a bedroom.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like toile and I like this room.  I think it's lovely..............except for the wall art.  Would have to change that.

Honored Contributor

definitely not my style and definitely not into the more "traditional" or "antique" look.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I don’t know what it is about Toile but I’ve never liked it.

Super Contributor

@stevieb 

I would have to change the window coverings...not a fan of matchstick blinds.  And maybe change the lampshade.

Esteemed Contributor

It is pretty, but I don't like those bedposts.   Love the wall color.  The lamp reminds me of bedroom lamps my parents had.  A man and woman dressed like from the colonial times.