Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toile in the Guest Room...

As a toile lover, this is not what I was hoping to see when I opened the thread, but it's pretty enough.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First of all remove those shades from the windows and replace with white sheer draperies and regular shades behind the draperies.  Take down the two pictures above the lamp and get rid of the flowers in the vase by the lamp.  Now I am not crazy about the bed spread and pillow but I won't comment on that.  lol

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 1940's looking

Honored Contributor

I think it is a pretty room, the lamp, art work, wall color, all appealing.  I would prefer different beds and not have those type blinds on the window.  With some changes, It would be better.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not a fan of toile. The only thing I really like in this room is the wall color.

Honored Contributor

It looks like Thibaut to me and I love their papers above anything else for decorating!  If it were me, I'd choose a coordinating paper with a coral pattern--not too wild but they will have one!  The room is too bland.

I would be there in a heartbeat.  Their colors are THE best!  And their patterns. Just go to their site and check out the designer wallpaper collections and there's my dream rooms!  

Honored Contributor

Not really my thing; not feeling it.

Honored Contributor

5guestroom.jpg

As a fan of Chinoiserie, and toile, I like this room.  

Only issues - The contrast of the two patterns is too harsh, the lamp, and flowers are jarring juxtaposed with the theme.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I do like the wall color, but I'm not a fan of Asian style decor so the Chinoiserie style toile doesn't appeal to me......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I love toile!  I think this color is very soothing.  I am not exceptionally thrilled with the beds though.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin