Honored Contributor

20180825_130728.jpg

Honored Contributor

Lighting in the home is often overlooked in a lot of today's more modern decor.

The fixtures and the color, shade and level of brightness are key in decorating 

Found this for $17 and couldn't resist.

Respected Contributor

Good find @Mominohio, and it looks perfect how you’ve displayed it, really pretty!

I agree about lighting, I for one am obsessed with it being balanced and flattering to the room, and finding the right bulbs now can be exasperating. 🤪

Respected Contributor

Nice lamp. I have a very similar floor lamp. Bought at Home Goods. Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

Beautiful!! I love unusual lamps and lighting!!  My daughter just found a lamp that has a lampshade the shape and color of yours but has a real pale fluer-de-lis imprinted on one of the panels. It's so pretty!

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Good find @Mominohio, and it looks perfect how you’ve displayed it, really pretty!

I agree about lighting, I for one am obsessed with it being balanced and flattering to the room, and finding the right bulbs now can be exasperating. 🤪

@Azcowgirl

It can be frustrating,can't it. 

I stocked up on a ton of incandescent bulbs before they went away, but certain watts and certain shades of colors just aren't duplicated the same in all the newer bulbs. Many are not as warm looking as the older ones.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio, what a beautiful lamp at a fabulous price - you can't buy a decent lampshade at that price!  As a second hand hound myself, I can only imagine how happy you were to score!  Enjoy it.  BTW, it looks very pretty next to your birds too.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

Yes! And so many of the prelit trees are LED, and claim to be warm but still are glaringly bright compared to soft incandescent room light 🤨

Respected Contributor

Wow, that is a find, I like it!

Honored Contributor
Very nice.
"To each their own, in all things".