Trusted Contributor

Wow!  I want to shop at your thrift store.  Around here (northern VA), if you aren't there when they put it on the shelf, you won't get anything this nice.  It looks beautiful on the stove.  

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

Wow!  I want to shop at your thrift store.  Around here (northern VA), if you aren't there when they put it on the shelf, you won't get anything this nice.  It looks beautiful on the stove.  

@DecorDiva

Most thrifts in this are aren't so good, but there is one in another town that I go to often, and it is a Hospice charity thrift. So many families must just donate the entire household when their elders pass after getting care from this hospice, as they have so much stuff, very nice stuff, and so many beautiful antiques and furniture too.

They are just bursting at the seams most times, and constantly turning over their merchandise. Prices are always reasonable too. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Thrift store find

[ Edited ]

When my nephew was a college student a few years ago, he picked up what looked like a disaster of a coffee table for $5 at a thrift store. When he got it home, stripped the nasty paint job someone had given it and looked at it closely, he discovered it was a Drexel Heritage piece. He refinished it back to as close to it's original color as he could and it's absolutely beautiful. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty lamp; it looks great in that spot.  I love the birds.  I, too, have birds of various sizes, colors and materials throughout my home.  

Honored Contributor

I have a lamp like that.  I have had it since I was married.  It is made by Stiffel.

You got a great deal. Enjoy your new lamp.

Honored Contributor

That looks perfect with birds , wall picture, nice look.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have a lamp like that.  I have had it since I was married.  It is made by Stiffel.

You got a great deal. Enjoy your new lamp.

I love Stiffel @Carmie! I have a couple myself from when I first left home. Still love them as much as I did then. 

This is definitely new, and not Stiffel, but I was surprised how heavy it is and in perfect condition. I love lamps, but have way too many. I have to get creative to use most of them. lol

Super Contributor

@Mominohio: GREAT FIND!!! ....   BEAUTIFUL 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

great find! looks perfect where you put it!  I'm staying out of our local thrift & 2nd time around stores ...I always "find" something🙄 -- I'm trying to "purge" excess holiday things now.

Honored Contributor

Looks nice.