Frequent Contributor

Three-wick candles??!!!!!!!!!!!! Help.

I've tried over the last few years, to buy the chunky three-wick candles. Work just fine for the first burning, then the melted wax drowns the wicks! I've even done what's suggested with them--trimming the wicks so they're not too high. Just doesn't work, so I've wasted money on them. Any hints for me?? --Adele

Respected Contributor

Re: Three-wick candles??!!!!!!!!!!!! Help.

Drowning wicks make me sad. I want a candle with a cheery little flame, not a barely there flicker struggling to stay alight. Can you find a way to lower the level of the melted wax so there is more exposed wick to burn? I kept the dosing syringe from my kitties last round of liquid abx. It did help with drawing out the melted wax but it got gummed up when the wax cooled in it. Lowering the pooled wax seemed to help but it sure seems like a waste of wax doesn't it. I hope you have better luck.

Contributor

I wonder if you are just trimming them too short? My all time favorite candle is PartyLites 3 wick. I usually trim to about 1/3""-1/2"".
Honored Contributor

Partylite's 3 Wicks are the best-no drowning wick with theirs..... I have also had good luck with Bath and Body Works 3 wick candles!!!Sometimes the wax pool is too much and I have poured some of my wax out and then my candles burn just fine!

Frequent Contributor

Make sure you're straightening the wicks after you put them out. If you burn a candle for more than a few hours all of the wax softens, and the wick itself starts to lean over. Extinguish them, trim off any carbon and make sure you straighten it back to its "home position" that should help. If the wick isn't straight up and down it will continue to drown because it's burning at an angle
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everybody for your comforting words! I'll try some of your suggestions. Glad I asked, and have fun tomorrow on Father's Day. Adele

Honored Contributor

As my Bath and Body Works three-wick candles burn down, I sometimes have to pour off a little of the melted wax to keep them from drowning. It's never a lot that I need to remove.

Honored Contributor

Maybe you'd consider trying WoodWick candles. I've also had problems with 3 wick candles burning right. I decided to try the WoodWicks and really like them. I purchase them from The Lampstand website. I also use Crossroads candles with 2 wicks and have no problem with them.

www.thelampstand.com/cichwowica.html

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

I have to say that although I LOVE candles, I sometimes forget to trim the wicks. Silly I know. But I just lit one this afternoon and it was brand new and I am realizing now that I didn't trim it. I'm lazy in this department.

Honored Contributor

forestmaven,

You can also take your candles back and explain the wick drowning problem.

Bath and Body Works 100% Guarantee from their website-

Our 100% Guarantee

At Bath & Body Works, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If at any time you're not completely satisfied with the quality of our products, you may return them to any of our Bath & Body Works stores, as provided below.

Returning an Item

The invoice in your package will contain detailed instructions for returning an item. Here are the basic steps:

Returns to a Retail Store in the United States:

• Original Receipt or Invoice: An exchange or refund will be issued based on the original tender. Refunds will be given for the purchase price on the original receipt. All applicable promotions, offers, free items and coupons granted at the time of purchase will be prorated and applied to the refund amount. Credit Card purchases will be credited back to the original card. Credit Card purchases will be refunded in cash. If the Debit or Credit card is not present, a merchandise credit will be issued.
  • No Receipt or Invoice: If you don't have a receipt or invoice, the return will be subject to the return policy posted at the time of your return; an exchange or merchandise credit will be issued based on the lowest selling price of the item.
  • Gift Receipt and Gift Invoice: An exchange or merchandise credit will be issued for the purchase price on the gift receipt or gift invoice.
  • Gift Cards: Gift cards cannot be returned or redeemed for cash unless the total gift card balance is $10 or less.
  • PayPal: An exchange or merchandise credit will be issued for any items returned that used PayPal as the form of payment.
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”