Honored Contributor

Re: The Green Sitting Room...

Of course, we're all our own design 'authorities' but in response to the 'dated' comments and merely as a point of information, this room is from a recent magazine spread featuring a home that was recently 'done'. So, while some might feel it looks of another era, it actually isn't.

Unfortunately, this photo did not post all that well. The original picture I saved shows the room off in a far more favorable light, but for whatever reason, it is, admittedly, hard to tell from the posted picture... Personally, I love green and so I love this one... The sofa fabric is actually very pretty when the resolution is better than is captured here and, in fact and purely in my opinion, all the pieces, most especially the chair in the foreground that some have mentioned, are quite lovely...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I enlarged it on my screen and agree the couch and upholstered chair a very pretty prints.

Along with the wallpaper, those two pieces look nice. 

I'm not wild about the other 3 chairs, the coffee table, or the rug(s).

Esteemed Contributor

I like green, but something here doesn't work for me....and I think it's the sofa!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do not like the color of green here.....another shade of green might work!  And scrap those horrible drapes in the corner of the room!

Trusted Contributor

It looks pleasant enough although the print on the sofa/chair are a bit much for me.  The room is well-blended & looks cozy.

I'm sure many will enjoy, but it's not my taste.

Honored Contributor

I would put some paintings/pictures on the wall rather than the mirror and I would replace that style coffee table.  Aside from that I like the room and find it comfortable looking and warm.

Respected Contributor

NOPE.

Super Contributor

I thought I liked green. Guess not. At least not this much and the printed couch is just hurting my eyes.