Honored Contributor

Re: Teal in the Living Room...

The first one for me. I'd eliminate the coffee table and floor lamp.

Honored Contributor

I like both wall colors but prefer the first room.  The look is more appealing to me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Color names are funny. There are so often multiple names for the same color. As for 'teal' there are actually at least two teals: teal blue and teal green. Both are blue-green but, you guessed it, one is more blue while the other is more green... Don't ask me to differentiate either of them from, say, turquoise, for example... Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I really like the first one.  Teal is a favorite of mine.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for either one of them.

Respected Contributor

I like the rooms , but personally would not want the 2 shades of blue together. 

@stevieb wrote:

Color names are funny. There are so often multiple names for the same color. As for 'teal' there are actually at least two teals: teal blue and teal green. Both are blue-green but, you guessed it, one is more blue while the other is more green... Don't ask me to differentiate either of them from, say, turquoise, for example... Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb so true.

I like teal and aqua. I purchased a bucket of teal (marked down) and got around to painting living room-- then decided it was too dark for my smallish room. So I added white to the paint and love the color but I would describe it as aqua. ( both very popular colors of late and easy to find in home decor items). I used a lot of white and can use gray as a default --another easy to find color in so many decor items. I use pops of purple here and there just because I like it .

I got the idea for the colors watching the Young and Restless in Victoria's house set. More interesting than the show at times !Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I don't care for either one of them.

Nor do I.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I like the rooms , but personally would not want the 2 shades of blue together. 

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb so true.

I like teal and aqua. I purchased a bucket of teal (marked down) and got around to painting living room-- then decided it was too dark for my smallish room. So I added white to the paint and love the color but I would describe it as aqua. ( both very popular colors of late and easy to find in home decor items). I used a lot of white and can use gray as a default --another easy to find color in so many decor items. I use pops of purple here and there just because I like it .

I got the idea for the colors watching the Young and Restless in Victoria's house set. More interesting than the show at times !Smiley Happy

@okaywitheasypay  Oh boy do I hear you about Y&R... I have to say, I gave up on it... I was reluctant to stop watching but I just couldn't take the bad writing anymore... Likewise Bold and Beautiful, which might be even worse...

As for color, for many years my main bedroom was a pale aqua and I absolutely loved it... The color turned out to be virtually a neutral and it went with anything... When I moved a few years back I decided it was time for a change, but maybe one day I'll go back to aqua in one of the bedrooms, as it was such a pretty and tranquil choice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@grandma r wrote:

@stevieb. I prefer the 1st room minus those wall prints.  The 2nd us too busy with too many shades of blue.

@grandma r  I agree. I prefer the first room too. The second is a bit chilly and bit to contemporary for me and I don't like that shelving at all.

@grandma r 

I agree with your comments. 

@stevieb 

I don't like that shelving either. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb Really like the first one.  That black and white really takes it up a notch, imo.  Very nice.