Honored Contributor

Re: Talk About A Statement Kitchen!

The wall paper is the only appeal for me and not in that kitchen.  I would find an area for it perhaps on one wall so it doesn't overwhlem.

Esteemed Contributor

YIKES!

Honored Contributor

The wallpaper with the throw rug on the floor is instant headache.  Not my taste -- too busy.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently, this person loves to display but doesn't care to clean all of the displayed antiques.  I would put those items in an antique cabinet with glass doors.  The cabinets are attractive.

Also I don't like a bar for meals where you stare at a wall.  It is an advantage to be able to handle a conversation, and often that skill is learned around a table.

I am not a morning person AT ALL, so I would wear sunglasses in here!

Respected Contributor

I'm with Krimpette.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow! I don't care for the wallpaper, light fixtures, rug, or upper cabinets.

What do I like, oh I guess the lower white cabinets would be it for me. 

Honored Contributor

Not the least bit practical but it is GORGEOUS!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I think about a crusty old friend of mine who is no longer with us and she would take one look at that and say "more money than sense."  Woman Very Happy

And yes, she said that to me a few times!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to say, that while not my style with the wallpaper, and modern geometric look of cabinets, this works in my opinion, because of the basic white and the blunt squareness of the cabinets. The floral adds that pop of color everyone talks about (although you have heard me say many times I don't think most things/rooms need it), and the soft rounded lines of the florals balance the hard lines of the cabinets. Mirroring the colored glass in the cabinets to the wallpaper colors works too. 

Like I said, this wouldn't be for everyday living in my house, but I would really find it refreshing and experience a feeling of coolness in walking into someone else's house to enjoy this.

edited to add

I don't see the rug as going with this at all. I don't think grey works everywhere as a neutral as people says it does, and here, it looks like a last ditch, 'this is all I've got' kind of addition. To me, it throws in an element and color that have nothing to do with the rest of the room, and it doesn't look good with the floor color either.

Trusted Contributor

This room has so many things in it that I usually like, but the total effect, for me, is NOT good.  It just looks bad somehow.

I love florals and love florals with pink or red in them, I  love lots of white in a kitchen, I like glass door shelving, wood floors, and using stripes with florals (the rug is kind of a stripe).  I like all those things, but somehow the kitchen just doesn't please me.

The first picture wasn't so good, but the others,showing the room from different angles is even less appealing to me.

It IS cheerful, though, and I've seen kitchens I like a lot less.  It just seems to be off, somehow.