Honored Contributor

OK for the moment, ignore the awkward cabinets to the left of the stove.

What do you think about the china cabinet on the wall?    I think they did a great job and I love the color.   But it doesn't go with the other cabinets in a very awkward way.   Maybe open shelving between the stove & refrigerator

kitchen cabinet china.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

You could replace just the doors with the same design panel.  Very nice, by the way.  I bet you are thrilled.  My husband redid the doors on my kitchen cabinets and I enjoy looking at them everyday.......even though I hate to cook Woman Wink.  I love the color.  It is similar to my island cabinets.  Enjoy!  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

It is unified to me since it is all the same color.  Changing the door panels is a good idea.  I personally don't like open shelving.  

I would put a microwave/exhaust fan combo over the stove.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Cabinet Remodel

[ Edited ]

Strange set up, the curved door is very strange, and the bottom cabinet looks like a bathroom vanity or a dresser

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@software 

Not a fan of open shelving, esp. above the stove.

Why not just have glass doors, hinges or sliding ?  Keep identical hardware to new doors.  With glass doors, it will necessitate that whatever you keep there will be attractively displayed.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

The color is pretty. But I would move the cabinet, upper and lower, to another part of the kitchen, if you can. I think it's so nice that it can stand alone. If you can't then I would go with your idea of different door panels. Very nice overall!

Honored Contributor

Some seem to think this is your kitchen, is it?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I just love it.  Very unusual, I've never seen anything like that in a kitchen.

Very pretty.

Respected Contributor

I agree the door fronts don't match.  I'd notice that in my own kitchen, but would not notice in anyone else's kitchen.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I think it is nice and unusual. I wouldn’t do everything open because you have to keep everything neat all the time. 

What are you doing with floors? This existing color makes everything dull. And I would change the appliance color from white to sunset color ( Whirlpool has it, amazing color, will complement your cabinets)