Honored Contributor

Re: Talk About A Statement Kitchen!

It sure is a very feminine kitchen. I don't like the pink chairs in the 2nd set of pics. I don't hate it but the wallpaper will only be desirable to a selected few. 

I can see a single woman living there.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it!  It's bright and cheerful - like a 'hello, good morning' happy face!

I'm quite bored with neutral kitchens - actually, while I like neutrals, enough is enough.  Love this kitchen; and, although I'm sick of white cabinets, here I love them!  Might do away with the glass-faced cabinets - or at least limit them - just because I don't find them practical and a lot of work to keep up.

If I could remodel my kitchen, I'd probably do something similar; or at least, consider it!

Honored Contributor

I like everything except for the wallpaper. I don't hate the paper, but it is a little too much for my taste personally. The cabinets are very pretty though!

Respected Contributor

The last pictures gives a better view of the total kitchen.  It is bright and pretty.  This wallpaper is pretty but more for a bedroom, not a kitchen.  Beautiful kitchen, needs a different color/wallpaper.

Respected Contributor

After viewing the whole kitchen I am not so against it for someone besid me Smiley Happy. I think if there is plenty of white with almost any decor it helps. I see where some would love it and find it doable. 

Personally , I have discovered that my psyche does not do well with very many prints. That means in wardrobe or decor. With the popularity of florals in fashion when I step outside of my box of solids mainly I am uncomfortable after a little wearing.

I discovered that applies to decor that I live with .Recently I decided to use a floral paper designed by The Pioneer woman ( in my little makeup area that only I see mainly). It was bright and very floral. I felt very anxious when in there . Just last week I tore it out and used soft , soft pink with a lot of white and I love it. One's decor and surrounding you like and are comfortable with matters .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd have to see more of it to judge... I might conceivably be able to live with the wallpaper, assuming it's not everywhere, but between the uber colorful wallpaper and all the color showing through those glass cabinets, something's got to give...  I like color, but not every one in the rainbow in the same room... All that said, I wonder if this is a kitchen or a pantry... Either way, I'd take it down a notch... Also, don't like the lights at all...

Edited to say... so all right, after having seen more of it, I don't like it but I don't hate it... There's just a little too much going on and those counter stools are awful...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@jlkz 

"Yikes" was my first reaction, too!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

That definitely is not calming to me. That would get my heart pumping too fast first thing in the morning. No one needs caffeine in that kitchen. ha!

Honored Contributor

I like the bright wallpaper as long as it's not on four walks.  The colored glassware really accents the colors in the wallpaper.  I'd prefer a solid, bright rug as I don't think the room needs more pattern.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I really like it.  Looks like a happy place to be.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)