Honored Contributor

Re: TRADITIONAL ATLANTA COTTAGE

Other than too much clutter, the shiplap and all that stuff on the walls, it is lovely.

Trusted Contributor

I love it!!!1

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

very beautiful and elegant!

Honored Contributor

Just absolutely warm and lovely. I would have to take down the plates, replace the drapes with a more airy window covering, remove the furniture covers, and that's about it. 

I hate clutter but the lantern wall really appeals to me. It fits the house perfectly.

Trusted Contributor

Lusting for the entire cottage ~ could move in and not change one thing Heart

Esteemed Contributor

This is such a lovely home.  It’s always interesting to see the varying tastes we all have.  I am not a fan of large open space living.  I also like a good amount of accessories.  To me, it’s a source of happiness, not clutter or a source of dust.  Just me.

Valued Contributor

I absolutely love this house! I could move in this minute and not change a single thing! We just moved, a few months ago, from a large Colonial home to a smaller open-floor plan. I realize we needed to downsize to a smaller place, but this house has no character or charm whatsoever. I dearly love our neighborhood though. 

Honored Contributor

I think you make a great point, @PamfromCT.   Although as I've gotten older I've pared down my collections and seem to prefer somewhat fewer things around me, I don't refer to these pretty objects here as 'clutter'.   They're too rarefied for that!  Selected for beauty and harmony.

I find your sensibility very in tune with the Brits in traditional English country house decorating.  Many of them have fabulous family porcelain, for example, that is old and has been handed down.  Of course they want to keep and display it!  It's very English to have tons of very fine china and to put it everywhere, including walls.

I'm always torn, since I'm drawn to so many objects of beauty, but within the confines of our much more humble "cottage",  I keep trying to find a balance of retaining enough things that I love and reflect my taste, with a sense of enough cleared, unembellished space around me to fit my comfort level.  I lean more to the "open-space" side these days, but aesthetically also really appreciate a mindful "collected and layered" look....   

Respected Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot  We moved 1 year ago from a 2 story colonial house to an open floor plan smaller one story house built for aging baby boomers. I don't like this house other than the fact that it is new and there is nothing that needs repairs now.  As you said no character and very difficult to decorate.  I miss my old house but thankful for a roof over my head so no more complaints. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow that entrance gate and the stone wall are awesome. The house is inviting and soothing, love all the little nooks.