Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE "I LOVE LUCY" CONNECTICUT HOUSE

@Oznell 

Yes, it was Carolyn Appleby who was in and out of some episodes.  A social climber indeed.

And, I think she had a son about the same age as "Little Ricky."  

The baby chics episode is a classic.  I still laugh. 

Such a different time for TV.  I remember looking forward to each episode of so many shows.  Now, the only thing I watch for any length of time is TCM or the weather channel.

I'm officially and "old geezer" I guess Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Oh, no, I don't think you are, @Witchy Woman --  you're just a discerning viewer with higher standards than prevail today!

Honored Contributor

What a good memory you have, @spiderw .   Apparently, they also ( rarely) showed their smaller den, perhaps in only one episode?  I had forgotten that until Marina Coates gave her tour--   it was such a dream house. 

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 11.25.43 AM.png

Good call, @QVCisFun ,  I think that the "Ethan Allen" look, with some modifications, is very much what they were going for...

Honored Contributor

I don't recall seeing that piano against the stairs in the Connecticut house?. Did they ever show the kitchen?

Don't forget the Hooked on Houses site. Movies and tv houses. I love the Leave Her to Heaven houses.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @Judaline , I always loved the kitchen--  in fact, picture #7  in my post shows the kitchen, with that wall oven, and the back stairs coming down.  A few more of the actual set, and the repro video tour--

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 8.26.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 8.27.26 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 8.29.04 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 8.28.44 AM.png  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell What the hey! My computer cut those particular shots off. Next time I went back, there they were. Or I just missed them but I don't see how.

We had a home (in my yoot!) with a back staircase. FF to house hunting many years later and I kept looking for a back staircase with no luck. I'm thinking maybe only the older unaffordable homes had them. They have a certain charm for me.

Honored Contributor

Our farm house had two staircases. The one by the kitchen was very basic, but the one in the front hall was wide and quite beautiful. I'm wondering if they ever showed a shot of the entire exterior of the Connecticut house, like on Bewitched or The Brady Bunch.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Our farm house had two staircases. The one by the kitchen was very basic, but the one in the front hall was wide and quite beautiful. I'm wondering if they ever showed a shot of the entire exterior of the Connecticut house, like on Bewitched or The Brady Bunch.

The Reba show shows the house exterior at every break (and there are a lot of them). Your house sounded like my house when we were kids. My first formal date was to a prom and my mom wanted to get a shot of me coming down that gracious staircase we had, lol. I still have that picture somewhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Oznell 

That is such a great house, always loved it, thank you for posting it and also a reminder about Marina Coates.

I discovered her videos a couple years ago when researching info on the Bewitched set.  So much fun. Smiley Happy

I loved the betwitched house !  

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCisFun wrote:
I have always liked the "I Love Lucy" country house and furnishings, especially the dining room and living room, and the cafe curtains and swag valances.  Reminds me of Ethan Allen furnishings which I've always liked.  I liked their New York apartment sets too.  Comfortable environments in all their abodes.

I loved the "Bewitched" tv show set, furnishings, and dishware during the DickYork era.  Also, PERFECT casting with DickYork, Agnes Moorehead, and Elizabeth Montgomery.  Marion Lorne as Aunt Clara, Alice Pearce and George Tobias as Mr. and Mrs. Kravitz, Bernard Fox as Dr. Bombay, and Paul Lynde as Uncle Arthur, were also perfect casting.

@QVCisFun   all the cast in Bewitched were perfectly cast , Paul Lynda and Agnes Morehead were a hoot !  Nosy people ...till this day I hear busy bodies called Gladys Kravitz,  I have an Aunt like that lol 😂