Honored Contributor

My DD had a friend years ago whose Mom worked tor QVC. The house was loaded with unopened boxes from QVC. She said the boxes were stacked all over the house. 

This woman quit her job and took a job working in a Bank because she couldn't handle the temptation of working in retail. Plus her husband and kids said they were leaving the house if it didn't stop.

People handle things in different ways...it's all forms of addiction....food, spending money, gambling, drugs, alcohol...it's sad.

Respected Contributor

@EastCoastGal,  a big kudos to you for speaking your truth - bravely- especially on a board that has a few piranhas. Clearing out 3 storage rooms is absolutely huge.  Great job.  I am not a hoarder but I am not far from those tendencies.  I think it helps that I get overwhelmed, which makes for a weird dichotomy. However, I do have clutter, stuff, in any given space.  Things I think I need or will use.  This year, I want to tackle just about everything and do another huge declutter. It is time to get rid of the excess. How far I get remains to be seen, but even if I get halfway through, it will be a success. 

Keep doing what you are doing. Please keep speaking your truth. It helps more people that are going through the same things as you. Sometimes we have more in common than we think.