Honored Contributor

Storage Idea for big comforter please

I have a cal king comforter on my bed. Every year I store it in the bag it came in - it takes up so much room in my limited "space" closet.  The summer I switch over to quilt.

Does anyone know if "space bags" from many years ago are still what they are called OR any ideas how to store. Certainly can't fit in under bed storage container.

@Mominohio: I bet you have some ideas your the 👑 In my mind of organizing!

thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Storage Idea for big comforter please

I've seen those Space Bags cubes advertised.  I think they fit in some kind of container.  The Space Bags always leak and reinflate but if they're in a container, they're not going anywhere. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There are plastic storage bags in many sizes where you use your vacuum to take out all the air.  Then you could store it under the bed.  Check the Q and HSN or do a google for Ebay or Amazon.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have several comforters stored in the biggest space bags available. If you don't overkill the bags the seal should hold well. In general I have found that I can't reuse the bag after unseating.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've seen those Space Bags cubes advertised.  I think they fit in some kind of container.  The Space Bags always leak and reinflate but if they're in a container, they're not going anywhere. 

I never had any luck with those Space Bags.

Honored Contributor

My bulky linens got so out of hand that I eventually had to put them out in my shed. I put them in air-tight containers to keep the bugs and moisture out. My experience with those compression type storage bags has never been good. I gave up on them years ago.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter  I haven't either until I got the dual use bags for travel.  You either vacuum or press (or sit on them) the air out.  Using those bags, I was able to get 2 weeks worth of clothes, with a clean outfit every day, in a carry-on bag. They stayed inflated until the next stop. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 - Ihave space bags  that are 13 years old.  As long as your cat doesn't put claws on the bag, your are good to go.  I have  winter wear, knitted blankets, down and alternative comforters in bags.  I put sweaters, sweat shirts, etc  in the bags

Just make sure everything is folded neatly and just the right size to set in bag.  Seal it tight and make absolutely certain it is TIGHTLY CLOSED!!!!  Then stack the bags where you want them.      I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     tedEbear

Respected Contributor

You can store it between the mattress and box springs on your bed.  That's what our ancestors did because they didn't have much storage in their smallish homes.  Just fold the sides in so you don't see them.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo

what a great idea! I never would have thought of this -- now I'll need to find extra muscles to lift my mattress!!! I might resort to this!!

Thanks!

😄