Honored Contributor

This is so welcoming, pretty, bright, and cheery.

I too am not a fan of bar height tables...they are uncomfortable after about 15 minutes IMO.

Maybe a round table would work in that space.

Esteemed Contributor

I always love yellow in a kitchen. So warm and inviting. Lovely 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  Pretty breakfast room! If you look closely, the table has two leaves which fold up to enlarge the table which would make seating for four possible. For breakfast or brunch, it would work well in this space. I like it.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor
It's not my style but is very cute and cottagy (sp).
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I love everything about this space/area, it is very appealing and gives off a warm inviting feeling for me.  The only thing I would do is to put  sheer curtains on the windows.

Honored Contributor

The space appears to be a lean-to porch or patio that was enclosed and is very cheerful and cozy. I very much like the light from the windows and door and the paint colors. I don't, though, care for the table, chairs or rug and I can take or leave the light. As always, no matter how private, I'd want some window coverings.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Spring Dining

[ Edited ]

This reminds me of my Big Mamma's house.  She had her porch enclosed into a little niche as a breakfast room when the grandchildren started coming along.  It was so neat, so always impeccably well done and immaculate.  She was a great housekeeper and had an eye for design (my mother and sister inherited).  It was always cool out there, even on a hot July day.  It was always clean and colors were pleasant and sunny.

Honored Contributor

Nice breakfast room.

Honored Contributor

I love it!  It's just charming!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Such a cheerful, sunny spot with great colors-- well done.  The French doors, flowers and window-box like planters give it that airy, sun room feeling.

This is a minor quibble, but I find the dark outline of the rug to be confining and distracting, and somehow "contracts" the small space.  An unobtrusive edge would solve that.