Super Contributor

We have a fireplace in our living room that we don't use havent for years'  Need some ideas to decorate the inide. I have done  family pictures, decorate for holiday. Just need ome fresh ideas 

Honored Contributor

A framed painting or print or a metal sculpture like a tree branch above it? Please no mirror that reflects the ceiling.  An artful arrangement of a vase, flowers, some books, a lantern, candles, or a clock, on the mantle.  If you're not good at that sort of thing, go to Pintrest and copy one you like. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've seen candles inside - lots of them.  You could do flameless on a timer.

Or, install a gas line, and have a nice "fire" without any hassle.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee   I had a gas line installed about 21 years ago.  It was only about 25ft and cost $675.  Wouldn't do it again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Google how to decorate a non working fireplace. You wil get thousands of ideas

Honored Contributor

They make fake logs that light up and look like they are burning. Some even put out heat. I was going to get one for my fireplace but instead I use the elevated hearth as a stand for my huge TV. I wasn't about to hang it on the wall...lol!

Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee  That's the set up I have. Lunerias on timers inside fireplace in warm weather and gas fire all winter.  Best of both worlds.   

Esteemed Contributor

it was an easy solution for me....i put a couch in front of it!!!  i don't decorate!!

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

it was an easy solution for me....i put a couch in front of it!!!  i don't decorate!!

Best idea yet!  I have a nice fireplace but do not use it and it hogs up that end of the room.  Never thought about putting a sofa there but I will now.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

Doing candles now. Already have a gas line. We dont want anyhing to burn in it..

I have a beautiful picture above mantle.

Need something INSIDE  fireplace