Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I agree with what you said regarding both photos.  Can't stand the fuzzy pillow & I'd replace the art.  2nd photo is definitely more my taste.  Very relax looking, bright & cheery - just visualize the breeze coming in.  It's a happy room.

I use to switch the blankets & bedspreads twice a year along with the curtains.  Now, I only switch the blankets.  My 2 kitty sisters have snagged so many of them, I just tolerate them now.  I did purchase a new quilt a few years ago & decided against opening it until down the road ...

Honored Contributor

I have five queen size beds and I have a lot of queen size bedding including sheets, blankets, quilts and spreads.

I change the complete bedding in my bedroom about every month or so.  I wash my sheets at least weekly, and about once a month I wash the mattress pad, blankets and quilts.  When I do, I change things out.

In the summertime, I wash the complete bedding more often.  I would be bored with the same bedding for a whole year or even a season.  Did I mention that I have to behave myself when it comes to bedding and towels?...I tend to buy way too much

Esteemed Contributor

Nope. I live in the desert southwest, no flannel sheets, no heavy blankets, I use the same comforter or two year round but never need to sleep under it. Barely have a blanket, only a throw for when the a/c gets a bit chilly.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Spring Bedding

[ Edited ]

@wilma Oooooh I love both of these.  I love the colors and light airy look of the first one. Love the whole blue room and print on that one too. Both are my esthetic ....not too printy, but feminine, romantic without being too much, prints.

Do you know where they were both from?

I do update for spring, and for summer. I segue', just like with my "transistional wardrobe" in between seasons...as you start to lighten up...sometimes you use last seasons' clothing in a lighter way and move into the next season. That's what I did this year with winter into spring bedding.

I recently went from my ivory chenille bedspread for winter with matching chenille shams...to a super soft microfiber, sunny yellow, lightweight duvet set with shams I got on HSN years ago. I covered the comforter I had left plain at the end of the bed all winter, and changed out to the matching yellow shams. So now the bed is ivory chenille spread, with the yellow touches. Lightened up to my spring accent pillows too.

In summer I will use a lighter quilt set I had gotten on Q years ago when they used to do those quilt shows. That one is one of my favorite sets...ivory with soft mauve/yellow/greens embroidered heart motif with some flowers. Sounds gaudy or cutesy, it's neither....it's a light design. Came with matching quilted/embroidered shams, and another sham set, just cotton, with ruffle and a touch of mauve trim to match the rest of the set.

I change again in late summer/early fall...another set I have. 

I will say I've had some years I've changed more often, some years I've kept the same look longer. But i have my favorites and I might as well use and rotate things.

Esteemed Contributor
Both of these are not my style as I'm not into flowers/plants in decor or clothing items.

I do change out my bedding. I use a down comforter in the winter and need something lightweight for spring, summer and fall.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have storage space for seasonal comforters. I use the same one year round. The only thing I change is removing a heavy blanket in the spring for a lighter weight throw on top of the bed (I use it nightly on top of the comforter).

Honored Contributor

I don't change out our quilt for seasons.  

These rooms are very pretty.  LOVE the wall colors.

Esteemed Contributor

All I switch is blankets.  Haven't done it yet, still too cold here.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@wilma 
It's the pillows I love changing around, so fun Smiley Happy  I drive DH nuts with it.

@LindaSal 

I love pillows too! My DH doesn't understand buying new decorative pillows. 

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@wilma Oooooh I love both of these.  I love the colors and light airy look of the first one. Love the whole blue room and print on that one too. Both are my esthetic ....not too printy, but feminine, romantic without being too much, prints.

Do you know where they were both from?

@amyb 

Sorry. The photos didn't say.