Honored Contributor

Do you change out your bedding in the Spring? 

Other than removing heavy blankets, I use the same bedspread and pillows all year. Both bedrooms in our house have solid neutral color comforters with some decorative tonal stitching. I purchased printed pillows to add some color. 

Here are 2 spring bedding ideas that I thought were pretty. My DH would hate both of these. He definitely dislikes anything too cutesy or feminine. 

I don't like the fuzzy pillow, but I like this colorful happy print. I also like the dark dresser with the fresh flowers. I would choose different artwork. 

0608E7F2-5AAA-4897-BFA0-B587C6B2B8AE.jpeg

I really like this print. The wall color and the entire room look very relaxing. Love it. 

4E4C154D-F9A5-4101-82D4-BD519757CB0E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Hi @wilma I do change out my bedding with the seasons. I have a lightweight blue and white comforter and white chenille shams that I use for spring/summer. 

I like the colors in both of those photos. I'm very partial to the aqua color on the walls and I totally agree that the fuzzy pillow would not be something I would choose. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, ours is a cold climate so off come flannel sheets and heavy quilts. I put cotton sheets and lightweight comforters on the master bed and guest bed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Spring Bedding

[ Edited ]

Yes, we live in the Midwest, so just this month I changed out the Winter bedding to our Spring/Summer comforter.....I don't change out sheets, the ones I have are year round, but do change from a heavier comforter in our bedroom as well the guest rooms!

@wilma Love the 2nd comforter set especially, so soft and pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

Bedroom #2 is very similar to my guest room in the spring/summer. It's crisp, light and airy. Just what is needed in Nebraska after a long, cold winter with heavy down comforters! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma I love the fuzzy pillow!!!  ( LOL )  I have a pillow obsession anyway.   I normally change out my bedding in the fall, that's my big cleaning time of year with windows and all.  I have different weight comforters but they actually can stay on the bed year round.  The summer months we just fold it over the end of the bed.   I never change them seasonally as they are all happy colors.  It's the pillows I love changing around, so fun Smiley Happy  I drive DH nuts with it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Spring Bedding

[ Edited ]

I do change out my bedding.  I use a coral color for my guest room in fall and change to plaids for winter/Christmas.  I have white matelasse for that room in summer.

I use linen-colored coverlet on my duvets with (matching) dust ruffle and matching pillow shams in the size of bed (queen) and European shams but I change out the throws that I put at foot of bed.  I have a very real-looking mink throw that I use for Christmas season.

DH bedroom has quilted navy- and linen-colored coverlet on duvet with white shams, white box pleat dust ruffle and very masculine artwork and chest.  He likes his.  He picked it out and he does not want me to change it.  (Men!).  If he gets ready to change or whatever, I will.  Stubborn, stubborn, stubborn.

I have a whole closet filled from top to bottom with bed dressings, comforters, feather beds, bedspreads, quilts, etc.  I love having bunches of them and changing when the notion strikes me.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a reversable, lightweight quilt. Same deep seafoam green color highlighted on both sides but lighter pattern on one side and heavier pattern on other side. Works for me.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Both rooms are lovely especially the second one, so pretty and appealing.

I do change my bedding when winter is over.  I use flannel sheets during the cold months so of course they go and I use my regular linens.  Also I use a light weight quilt.  I also put up my sheer curtains.

Respected Contributor

I change out my fleece sheets for cotton in the Spring.