Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1   Thanks, of course!

Super Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@chi5925   Love how you coordinated the pillows on the sofa with the rug/sofa.  Is that a tepee in the background?

Thanks - no, it's not a tepee.  It's a model sailboat.

Honored Contributor

I was at a house the other day and they had a Lovesac modular set of furniture in their great room. It was very comfy and looked terrific. I asked the owner about it and they told me they've had the same set for over 4 years and have bought different coverings which, according to them, wasn't hard to change out. They said they would buy another modular set if they needed one.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    ...I have been racking by brain for that brand name LOVESAC.  

I have not seen the furniture in person, just commercials but could not think of the name...I wanted to check on line to see if there is a store near me.  I think the furniture is pretty pricy, but, it does not hurt to look.

thanks!!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Those people I mentioned earlier want to get a Lovesac set for their outdoor living space. The company makes weatherproof coverings also. I know they are expensive. But I can drool over them...lol!

Honored Contributor

I like my sofa to look like it did when it came from the store.  I have never used slipcovers and never intend to.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

The custom slip covers that I had made for my sofa and loveseat  had zippers and fit my furniture perfectly . I had a velveteen one for Christmas  and two made out of linen  for the summer. I have had them dry cleaned ( the fabric I chose required dry cleaning ) .

Respected Contributor

Just thinking about washing these slipcovers. Is your machine able to handle this extreamly large load even when broken up? Do you have to go to a public laundrymat where they have bigger machines? 

Respected Contributor

Ballard Designs has sold slipcoveres sofas for years. I have not looked lately but you may want to check their website as well. The Pottery Barn slip covered sofa is for sale on FB marketplace all the time; usually for hundreds less than new and usually are in almost oerfect condition. I am considering one right now.