Trusted Contributor

SimpleHuman Sensor Garbage Can

I wish they would have told us the batteries only last two days.  Geez.  It's pretty useless.  I like the idea but I'm not about to replace batteries every couple of days. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SimpleHuman Sensor Garbage Can

@Equuleus wrote:

I wish they would have told us the batteries only last two days.  Geez.  It's pretty useless.  I like the idea but I'm not about to replace batteries every couple of days. 

@Equuleus   There are complaints in Home or Beauty (don't remember which) about the battery for theSimple Human mirror not lasting.  Their battery items must be faulty.  I have a Simple Human trash can that doesn't use batteries that I love.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I've often thought about getting that particular garbage can but I was afraid of the issues with the batteries.    

My hairdresser has one in her salon and she told me she has to replace the batteries on a regular basis.   

I spend enough on batteries for all of my flameless candles I don't need even more expenses.   

Thanks for letting me know your dissatisfaction with this item.    I'm happy I never bought one. 

Honored Contributor

I just can't seem to wrap my head around a trash can that requires batteries.  I've never had a problem with my old step-on style that's probably 20 years old or more.  No batteries required!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never had the battery operated can. I got the soap dispenser and I love it. Batteries last long. I had one of the cans that you just pushed the lid and opened easy, I just left it open all the time. If you never tried the garbage bags, they are awesome. All I buy. I get them with coupon at Bed Bath Beyond

Honored Contributor

I've grown to really appreciate anything that works and is not battery-operated or electric-powered.  Some new products create a need where none previously existed.

Honored Contributor

I had a SimpleHuman Sensor trashcan that needed batteries.  I seldom had to replace them and it lasted at least 10 years before a piece on the lid broke. 

I replaced it with one I got at Sam's Club (different name but actually the parent company of SimpleHuman) and I've had that one at least a year.  Use it multiple times a day and haven't had to replace the batteries.

I'd say something is wrong with yours.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia my thought exactly.  I went to their site and the battery life is one year.  Ha Ha.  Tonight I decided to try new batteries.  I tested the ones that came with it and they tested full.  I put them back in and now it works.  Maybe they were not in snug enough or came loose.  I'll see how it goes.  Then I'm contacting them directly.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes battery connections aren’t tight.  Also, watch for corrosion around the contacts, especially if in a moist atmosphere or older batteries.  You can disconnect battery and carefully sand around the terminals. Sometimes that will do the trick.

I don’t have this trash can but, an acquaintance in a wheelchair was raving about it.  

Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I have had my garbage pail for about four months & the batteries have not died. The light is still blue, so the charge is good.. But, I am also gone all day working so it does not get heavy use.