Valued Contributor

Re: SimpleHuman Sensor Garbage Can

@J Town Girl wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

I wish they would have told us the batteries only last two days.  Geez.  It's pretty useless.  I like the idea but I'm not about to replace batteries every couple of days. 

I've often thought about getting that particular garbage can but I was afraid of the issues with the batteries.    

My hairdresser has one in her salon and she told me she has to replace the batteries on a regular basis.   

I spend enough on batteries for all of my flameless candles I don't need even more expenses.   

Thanks for letting me know your dissatisfaction with this item.    I'm happy I never bought one. 

@J Town Girl  So true about the flameless candles.

Trusted Contributor

We had one of the Sensor Garbage cans years ago (close to 10).  Didn't have to change batteries that often but the sensor stopped working after a year. We still kept it even and after the sensor stopped working and used the stop instead.

I can't remember the brand but we purchased it at Costco or Sams.

Respected Contributor

I have no room in my kitchen for a trashcan, with or without batteries...mine is on runners inside a lower cabinet next to my sink cabinet.  I laugh every time I see this trashcan offered!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased a similar trash can from Costco for about 1/4 of the price of the Simple Human.  Have had it about 3 years, works great.  Have to change the batteries about every 3-4 months.  I'm very happy with my purchase.  The Simple Human Garbage Can was too expensive for me.